Best Pizza by the Slice?

Ah yes…Gr8pimpin, my joy for their “sell out” did obscure your needs…did you go to back up Plan B as in Joe’s?

1 Like

Nah. Went home. Totally forgot about Joe’s, now that the wagon is here. Whoops.

I will never fall off the wagon. :wink:

2 Likes

Agree - excellent pepperoni slice today (Sunday). Pretty steady lunch business - at 2 pm. Plus takeout orders.

Just like home.

Nice artwork

2 Likes

That’s a bummer I’d be pretty annoyed if that were the case on my visits

I believe the top picture is the art work.

4 Likes

Bold use of negative space…

2 Likes

Yep , the paper plate with the grease and crumbs create a relevant space .

2 Likes

Damn carbs… and I have ZERO willpower!!

Pizza Wagon. Had a chat with the owners tonight. So nice.

The goods;

GOODNESS, chock full of vitamins and nutrients. Part of a balanced meal.

This isn’t Top Chef or let’s see how many components I can put on a pie such as bee vomit. The goodness to me is the simplicity.

5 Likes

uneven heating… top heat too low. not enough crust rise… still want but judge i must

I should’ve taken a sideview of the crumb of the cornicione, it was fully risen, was slightly crispy and just the right amount of chew… not too dense.

3 Likes

Prime on Fairfax is very lackluster I agree @Nemroz

When they opened their cheese slice was right on.
Their grandma pie was incredible, they had a really dank pesto on it, really nice chunky stewed tomato and fresh fatty mozz
They had a wild mushroom slice that was out of this world, never seen that as a slice option anywhere.

But that was the beginning when Frank Pinello helped open it, then a year down the road things started to decline and now it’s at whatever status it is at, with 4 people behind the counter not able to make enough slices for a slow evening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow!!! Now THAT would be something to travel for.

Silly question, but does anyone know how long the lines are for lunch? I work in Encino, and I sometimes have a just a little bit of time to slip out…

Hi @paranoidgarliclover,

No line the 3 times we went during lunch. There was 1 couple ahead of us once, but the other times, people were already sitting down and eating. (not very busy.)

Enjoy!

2 Likes

1 minute last week.

1 Like

thats what Im talking about…cmon people, lets make sure this purveyor of great NY pizza succeeds and maybe opens in LA!

3 Likes

Agree - I think it’s (almost) as good as Superfine.

1 Like

Had Superfine last weekend because of this thread.
Whole pepperoni pie. That things was porrrrrky.
Thanks for the sleuthing, everyone.

5 Likes

Tomato Pie has been moving up my list lately. No 1 is still Mulberry Street (the Canon location). Sleeper slice: Gracie’s.

1 Like