Best Pizza by the Slice?

Man I wish they were open on the weekend but I know why they would be closed weekends in that plaza.

6 Likes

I too once went there hoping they would be open on the weekend. I’ve been sending people there ever since it opened without having tried it, because I could just tell, it looked great. I’m glad it lives up to the hype

5 Likes

the sicilian slice and garlic knots with roasted tomato dipping sauce were also standouts.

the parking sitch is a breeze with free underground parking with validation.

6 Likes

Went last week, and again today. No customer except me. Great stuff, but I am worried.

1 Like

distracted

15 Likes

I think they do a lot of corporate orders. A guy in line asked one of the workers today if they’re doing okay since the place is always empty. He said yeah, they get a lot of office worker orders.

🕵🏽‍♂️WAS THAT GUY ONE OF YOU🕵🏼‍♂️

Plus Holzman has been there pretty much every time I’ve gone

6 Likes

Not me. Both times I went there was no line. Just me.

1 Like

Hours per Google:

M, Tu, W 10:30-4:30
Th, F 10:30-8:30
S,S Closed

2 Likes

Daniel Holzman on Andrew Talks to Chefs

1 Like

Holzman was saying something today about opening Danny Boy in studio city. He had offers for santa monica near the promenade but that rents are outta control

5 Likes

Meanwhile I swear a solid third of the storefronts on/near 3rd street are empty. Grape job, landlords.

2 Likes

Did he say anything about opening on weekends? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope the landlords don’t wine about the grape job.

3 Likes

Lol no mention of weekends in this conversation. I’m just the anonymous patron with good ears

3 Likes

just saw your post about Danny Boy’s Sicilian…I didn’t try it but their regular slices were terrible…and the pizzaiolo was bragging its the NY slice in LA

2 Likes

they better learn to make a good crust before expanding…I was very disappointed yesterday!

Saw your other post - sorry to hear that your slice wasn’t up to snuff. It seems they might be having QC / consistency issues, as the slices I’ve had have all been fairly crispy. In fact the first time I was at the location, I saw Danny speaking to a team member (evidently in training) and holding a pizza slice above the plate with his hand. The slice stayed straight without flopping, and he told the trainee “this is how you know the crust is done.”. So I think they know what it should be like!

3 Likes

well, inconsistency will keep me from going back…LA has so many great pizza options these days that theres no reason to patronize a “hit or miss” joint! and the excuses about a bad batch of flour? weak!

3 Likes

Danny Boy’s is close enough to work that I’ve been ten or so times. I’ve always had crisp triangles.

But there was a period where they weren’t reheating the slices equally. I always get a square slice and a triangle. The square would still be cold in spots because they hadn’t calibrated heating both styles at once.

Seems dialed in now though

5 Likes

I think any pizzeria owner will tell you that consistency is the hardest part of the business. Or if they won’t tell you, they know it’s true.

2 Likes