Birthday bite under $10

Sweet Lady Jane’s lemon meringue tart is F-in’ Amaze-balls.

I find the montana location to be more inconsistent/not as good as the Hollywood. YMMV

Lemon lavender pie from Atticus.

I was at the Montana location the other day for the first time. Can’t speak to the consistency issue but the lemon meringue has been one of SLJ’s standards for a long time. I was going to get their last one in the case, but the customer ahead of me neat me to it.

Key lime pie - fishing with dynamite

where is that from?

thanks everyone!

Fishing with dynamite in manhattan beach, tastes even better than it looks.

going to get something lemon from sweet lady jane today. Only because I will be around the corner from it.

Nice! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. And if you’re there around lunch, try the curry chicken salad sandwich on walnut wheat. Delish.

1 Like

Agreed. SLJ pulls it’s mojo from the UK. The husband-part of the ownership is from the UK. His mom was supposed to have been the consummate British cook. So things like curried chicken salad, trifle and lemony things were pulled directly from her recipe book - at least that’s how the story goes.

1 Like

I got a slice of cake, the guy behind the counter said the lemon meringue pie would not hold up. $13. A little more than I wanted to spin, but oh well.

2 Likes

$13 for a single slice? Daaaaaaaamn.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

1 Like

I think you mean

2 Likes

Too bad your birthday treat had to keep until Monday, otherwise you could’ve gone to Smorgasburg and gotten a slice of Meyer Lemon Chess pie from Rucker.

$13!!!

Wow.

That’s when I’m really REALLY glad that I can bake. More choices.

You are a very nice person!

I forgot I got myself two chocolate chip cookies. :slight_smile:
So maybe it was $9?

1 Like

The SLJ menu says slices are 7.95, and chocolate chip cookies are 2.50/each.

I guess $8 for a slice of pie is the new $4.50.

For what it’s worth, Lady M charges $9-10 for most of their slices. Guess you got a bargain.

It’s pricey, but SLJ’s slices of pie are usually on the large side. Almost like 1.5 to 2 slices elsewhere, in my experience.

yes, the slice is huge. enough for two. yes, it was $7.95, i saw the receipt this morning. she was very please with it. she gave me a hug.

8 Likes