Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Not unless @Gr8pimpin gets there tomorrow before noon. A chicken roll is essentially a chicken parm in pizza dough but it’s delicious. Make sure you ask for extra red sauce for dipping. This will likely be my appetizer before a pesto slice and pepperoni slice.

4 Likes

Challenge accepted.

5 Likes

That sounds delicious! Let us know how it compares to the ones you ate on the East Coast. :slight_smile:

…and…failed. Something came up!

Waiting for your report @js76wisco !!

Sorry for the terrible picture. The chicken roll was made to order. It took 15 mins but well worth the wait. Wife and I very much enjoyed the crunchy exterior with copious amounts of melty cheese, enough sauce and chopped up bits of chicken. Looks like the same chicken used for the buffalo chicken slice. I’d order again to mix it up with slices.

Slices were great. We loved the pepperoni, white pesto slice, garlic roll,and the pepperoni roll. The kids enjoyed the red sauce so much we asked for a second cup to dip. The only miss was the spinach roll which was kind of one note for us. No undercarriage shots but the crust was great and well crisped on the bottom. Hard to choose between Superfine and Pizza Wagon but both are great options. I remember 20 years ago when I first moved from NYC having to choose between Village Pizza and Mulberry St. How times have changed.

image image image image

14 Likes

Hi @js76wisco,

Thanks for the report back. :slight_smile: That Chicken Roll sounds great! Thanks for the recommendation. One more thing to try at Pizza Wagon in addition to Pepperoni & Pesto Pizzas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was able to swing by Il romanista last weekend. Pizza was delicious unfortunately they were out of potatoes or the sausage potato would’ve been on the menu. The only one I didn’t love was the eggplant (it was missing some ingredient to balance out the slice) however since I’ve never had that slice at il romanista figured I’d give it a try. Limited hours so check and order ahead before going, totally contactless pickup

10 Likes

That’s a lot of pizza! How much was all that?

1 Like

So here’s the confusing part. I’m sure I ordered 2 half trays with 2 flavors (1/4 tray per flavor) but when he dropped them at the door for me to grab he gave me two boxes.

So I’m not sure if it was a mix-up, that’s the actual size of 1/4 trays, or he was being generous, but I was only charged 56.00 dollars including tax which is the price for 2 half trays.

I can’t complain because we had more than enough pizza and I love eating their pizza!

A half tray is eight slices, what you have pictured are two half trays with two flavors each.

4 Likes

Ok great that makes me feel good because he got it right and I still got a shit ton of food!

1 Like

Hi @hungryhungryhippos,

Nice report. :slight_smile: I regret looking at those pictures after my light dinner at home! :sweat_smile: That looks so good! :heart:

You got the Palatino (Mushroom) right? Love that flavor! :slight_smile:

And the one next to it is the new Pariolino Pizza (Shredded Zucchini, Pancetta, Mozzarella, Burrata) right? We really enjoyed that one as well.

1 Like

I guess you’ll have to stop by for another visit soon @Chowseeker1999! Yes both the palatino and the parolino were delicious. I think the parolino is now my second favorite white after the curva sud. And the I due two meat was also delectable.

Hopefully the restaurant is able to ride it out during the coronavirus. At least when I visited on Friday they appeared to be doing relatively brisk business.

2 Likes

There is no pizzeria, anywhere, where the photos make me drool, like Il Romanista‘s.

Insanely good pizza.

2 Likes

FYI Il Romanista is closing up for the time being. Luigi mentioned it this past weekend when I went to pick up some pizzas but he needs a break - I hope he can get some well deserved rest.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB3sL2IDRPA/?igshid=lnj64e266xk3

12 Likes

Thank you for posting. I just saw his post and was going to share it.

Tough tough breaks. :cry:

5 Likes

I really hope he comes back. I love his pizza so much

4 Likes

Hope he is able to take care of himself. Hope he comes back (healthy) b/c I’d love to try his pizza!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Very sad, but hopefully it’s only temporary and Luigi gets some much needed rest to recharge the batteries and come back stronger!

2 Likes

When I was there the last time I tried to pitch him on opening closer to the Valley LOL!

1 Like