Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

La Morras clam pie was pretty damn good.

10 Likes

Is it still available or was last week the last?

1 Like

This was from last week or so, whatever weekend they advertised on instagram. I hope they offer them again soon!

1 Like

Hey Gr8pimpin, these fotos didn’t load! you’ve got me very interested!

1 Like

Hey, Mr. Maven!!

The photo is of the menu at U Street Pizza… I put it there so you could see they have a clam pizza. I know you were looking for one.

The description of theirs is “ Little neck clams, mozzarella, fori di latte, parsley, fresh garlic, lemon, fiscalini cheddar.”

Here’s a link to their website’s menu:

https://www.ustreetpizza.com/menu/menu

1 Like

I was randomly googling “Prime Pizza,” and the sidebar of the search results said that the West LA location is opening 05/11. Official website says nothing about an official opening date. YMMV.

4 Likes

Ah, thanks Gr8pimpin…will check it out! def would like to try a good clam pie!

1 Like

Im waiting…thats in my 'hood!

Confirmed Tuesday on their IG

1 Like

Pizza Wagon tonight. Another excellent pie!

1/2 cheese 1/2 pepperoni

Ahhhhh…. The chalices….

Underside…

Cornicione was nicely risen the rest was nice and thin.

Cross posting:
https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/may-2021-rundown/12743/37?u=gr8pimpin

4 Likes

The return of Luigi from Il Romanista

10 Likes

nice, lots of bang bang opportunities

1 Like

Didn’t know Tsujita closed. Thought it would do well in that space. I guess you just never know.

This is good news for Il Romanista fans. No more having to trek to El Segundo. I imagine prices will be higher though.

4 Likes

Turns out liquified pork fat is not popular with the masses, who would’ve thought.

4 Likes

Thanks for the post!

This is especially good news for me since I am working on a venture literally across the street from the Americana. Looking forward to gaining 50 more pounds.

3 Likes

Wowwww so excite can’t wait to try

5 Likes

Just wanted to bump this roca messaged me and they will officially open tomorrow. I really hope to stop by this weekend.

6 Likes

I hope ROCA does well. Il Romanista was a true gem and the owners were super cool.

6 Likes

Pizza pizza pizza! Il romanista pizza is back! Luigi has teamed up with one of the co-owners of cpk and they’ve created roca using luigis recipes.

Popping up through the end of the year at Americana near the valet circle on Caruso. They have limited hours so check their insta or dm them. Their first brick and mortar will be in marina in the ralphs plaza and the second will follow shortly after in west la somewhere. mentioned that he’s cranking out new flavors of pie too and we got to try his new salami and burrata which was awesome.

Thoughts pizza was good as before with the 48 hour fermented crust blowing triple beam straight out of the water. I very much missed the sausage potato. You do have to ask them to reheat the pizzas a little more but other than that no complaints.

One of my favs in the city, check them out when you’re in the area and say hi to Luigi!

22 Likes

looks great, thanks for the report. do they have a dine in area?
this location is perfect for a roca mini kabob bang.

4 Likes