Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

I got stuck behind a group of women that took an hour to order. One of my biggest pet peeves is slow orderers, esp when the choices are literally staring you in the face from the pizza case.

But I have to say that prime made me a believer in cheese pizzas. I never really understood cheese pizzas generally except for neopolitan margherita style pizzas. I always went with toppings on my pie because my thought was always more is more, but now after eating a lot of prime pizza one of my favs is just the plain cheese.

7 Likes

My little one is all growns up. Warms my heart :wink:

4 Likes

Moar pizza. If you order prime via toast you get rewards!

4 Likes

I understand now.

6 Likes

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

cheese pizza is the gold standard of pizzas

3 Likes

Noooo

A lot of NY-style places use a more complex and flavorful mix of cheeses, often with some Pecorino Romano, so there’s more going on in a cheese slice.

birria pizza @ prime pizza, collab with tacos y birria la unica
may 1-may 7
https://www.instagram.com/p/CrmwTShNScK/

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CroU0vwAkyV/

A lot of pizza collabs happening… Quartersheets x Bridgetown: Oxtail Curry, Fresno Mango Masala, Mozzarella, Scallion, Serrano Oil, Grana, Maui Onion.

Pre-order for this collaboration opens on May.5th at 10a and runs until close on May.7th

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr3dl8QJgj-/?hl=en

Clearly this is a thing now… Pitfire Pizza “The Chivichanga” – Sonoratown’s killer burrito reimagined on Pitfire Pizza’s sourdough crust. Topped with guisado, taco radish, onion and lime, the pizza will be served with dippers of Sonoratown’s Spicy Chiltepin Salsa and avocado crema.

3 Likes

Agree, for NY-style, if the place can’t do a good cheese slice, I am not optimistic about the rest of their food…

2 Likes

Because every day is prime day lol

5 Likes

Friends & Family Pizza Co. at the farmers market/grove is a great addition to the area

6 Likes

It just keeps happening…

Esters Santa Monica x La Morra Wednesday, May 17 at 5 p.m.

“Esters’ Guest Chef series continues with our friends from La Morra Pizzeria bringing their roving pizza oven to the Westside. They’re firing up whole 12” inch seasonal pizzas, and of course, our team is bringing their A-game with crushable wines and specialty cocktails. While we welcome walk-ins, these Guest Chef nights always fill up fast, so we highly recommend booking a table.”

4 Likes

Completely not leading-edge, trendy, or otherwise newsworthy, yet also completely satisfying: a large Pizzarosa (Feta, mozzarella, parmigiano cheese with tomatoes) from Palermo’s in Los Feliz.

10 Likes

Dang I haven’t been there in forever! This place and Hard Times (rip to the silver lake original) were the pizzerias of my childhood. Glad to hear Palermo’s still going strong. Guess I’m due for a revisit.

3 Likes

As long as it tastes good it’s all that matters!

4 Likes

lol— ditto! I don’t think I’ve been there since the 90’s

1 Like

Had some more sausage and pineapple prime. I’m going to have to get it in square form one of these days

4 Likes