Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Is Apollonia’s Pizzeria considered Detroit? It may not be exactly that but it’s good.

Slice House was pretty great the one time I’ve had it.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! You can get it both ways. It’s also close to me.

I know you are saying to go to Thousand Oaks? I just looked this up. never heard of it, but you and I have the same pizza taste. I’ve noticed all the pizza you like, I like. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure where you lived. Slice House opened one in Simi Valley, he’s also opening one in Burbank and I don’t know he’s making an announcement about another one.

1 Like

No. Seems inspired by but fairly different.

2 Likes

There is Dough Daddy in Jefferson Park.

1 Like

Dtown pizzeria is prolly my fave

Quarter sheets does squares which they call “Detroit-ish” I love their pizza tho

Riip pizza and beer great square slice but I only had their pizza fest rendition. But I would imagine the stuff that’s at their restaurant is just as good

Detroit pizza depot is pretty good esp since they are open super late. I had it once but it was late at night after a lot of soju

1 Like

What happened with schellz?

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but she ordered a custom pie and got a small amount of toppings.Others chiimed in that you pretty much have to order off the menu or that’s what happens. I’m sure it still feels shitty though.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right. What I got was laughable.

1 Like

Will try that! Thank you.

Paging @MisterSchell

1 Like

We moved from Crenshaw (closed permanently) and open on PCH next week.

Imagine if there was a forum to review your quality of work, whatever that may be?

Maybe a “You Talk Central” where business owners can complain about keyboard warriors?

To the folks who refuse to say anything to our faces, play the victim card, and hide behind your keyboard, nobody likes you. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

You seen to be a master at “playing the victim card,” I guess it takes one to know one.
I can’t wait for the PCH crowd to pay extra for sauage and get some that’s the size of a dime on their pizza.

4 Likes

Some fantastic PR here after your first debacle on this board.

9 Likes

What a truly bizarre way to treat (potential) customers.

8 Likes

I’m not a big Detroit pizza guy, but I’m surprised PI LA in DTLA never gets any mention here. I think it’s good. I definitely prefer it to Schellz.

2 Likes

You really need a lesson in the hospitality business.

For years I was involved in the restaurant business. I’m still friends with lots of people in the industry. Thank God I don’t know anyone who would respond like you just did.

You should’ve just sucked it up and said “hey, I’m sorry you had a bad experience, come on in and ask for me and I’ll personally take care of you.”

9 Likes

woof talk about an own goal.

2 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes:Geez not the response I was expecting lol.

7 Likes

Are you even kidding me w/ this? I work in healthcare. Imagine people being able to say whatever negative things they like about you anonymously on multiple websites and then being very limited in your ability to respond b/c saying too much would actually be, like, literally violating federal law.

Gimme a break.

10 Likes