Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

ozzy’s

1 Like

Ozzy’s Apizza in Glendale…

1 Like

Had triple beam Saturday was passably ok. Very salty but still pizza which I aways love but definitely not up to snuff given the silverton ownership/association.

3 Likes

Little late to the game but today is pi day and prime is offering 31.4% off cheese and pepp using code piday at online checkout.

I ordered a cheese !

5 Likes

Steel pan, solid not great Detroit style pizza.

I really wanted to try zero zero 39 for Roman style pizza but it was in the wrong direction. I miss @ilromanista :frowning:

6 Likes

Several SoCal places in this.

1 Like

We’re #1

https://www.sfgate.com/la/article/los-angeles-best-pizza-in-the-country-19376051.php

7 Likes

Has anyone tried The Curry Pizza Company? Website says locations in Glendora, Walnut, and Fontana.

Interesting menu:

1 Like

Ate at the Fresno location on a road trip with the kids, before stopping at the Forestiere Underground Gardens.

They still bring it up regularly as one of the worst things I’ve ever fed them… and these are kids that LIVE on Indian food and pizza. We tried three varieties, all were oddly bland, excessively cheesy, and strangely similar tasting to one another.

They liked the underground gardens though.

2 Likes

I got online ad targeted but the discounted Benny blanco vodka spicy chicken with spicy ranch square pie is pretty damn good from prime pizza. I think it’s some kind of Coachella collab.

If you stack coupons right you can get this and another pizza for approx 38 bucks delivered which is a steal

3 Likes

@hungryhungryhippos we were on the same trek today. I went to the South Bay primarily to pick up bottles from Monkish. After lunch at Borjstar I stopped at Prime Pizza El Segundo for reheated dinner. The family meal with a pepperoni pie, garlic knots and salad is $50 with tax and tip. Added a couple of extra square slices. So much better than any other NY style that we get in the OC.

6 Likes

That’s some good eating!

Have you tried riip pizza in Oc they are on my pizza radar.

1 Like

Ha, I was at Prime Pizza today as well.

Got a meatball parm and bbq chix slice which were both fine. White slices were excellent as usual packed with garlic and ricotta flavor.

11 Likes

Haven’t been to riip. Looks like a proper NY pie. Will add to my list. Thanks.

2 Likes

They make really solid beers if that’s your thing at all too. Started as a brewery, expanded into pizza, like the also excellent beachwood pizza not too far away in OC.

3 Likes

I’ve had some Riip cans but not on draft that I can remember. More breweries need to have solid food options. Green Cheek CM is the best option around but pizza & beer are best friends.

PRIME PIZZA FREE DELIVERY WEEKEND

Free Delivery all this weekend April 19-21.

USE CODE: WKND2

$25 minimum order. Cannot be combined with any other sale or offer.

2 Likes

I see you mentioned this place. I was over a friends yesterday playing ping pong and as I was leaving I saw them. I didn’t have enough $ on me to try it. looked good. Wondering if anyone has tried it?

Custom: Meatball / Basil

It’s right in this parking lot, I think she said every friday from 1:30 - 7:30pm

4 Likes

Had it at pizza fest they were very good.

Also said I was tired of pizza after 2 day pizza fest. I guess I was just lying to myself lol

Prime

4 Likes

I don’t know if one can get tired of pizza.

On another note, who has the best Detroit Style. Mad at Shells and not going back, Lil Dynamite is a no, because it’s too sourdoughy for me and I like sourdough, turns out just not on my pizza. I used to go to D’Town all the time. That was good. Where else?

2 Likes