Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

That’s disappointing to hear. I’ve only ordered from the SM location once (delivery to friends’ house in Brentwood) and the pizza was up to Prime standards. Pico in SM is our usual location and it’s consistently good.

The Gundo location is pretty consistent. My friend/roommate orders it at least twice a month. One time it was too crispy. That ranch sauce is not too be missed

2 Likes

El segundo delivery!

6 Likes

Do you reheat?

1 Like

100% I’m not a cold pizza guy

3 Likes

Fatty mart pizza

Rankings

1. Mushroom
  2. Spicy and sweet salami
  3. Birria
  4. Mapo

Mapo tofu was a salt bomb

6 Likes

Alex Koons is a pizza industry consultant and the owner of Hot Tongue Pizza and co-owner of Purgatory Pizza, both in Los Angeles.

1 Like

$35 these days for a quality 8 slice pie is market price.

The local mom & pop wants $36 for a sub par 16” meat lovers.

4 Likes

Surprisingly the plain cheese at Fatty Mart is really good

3 Likes

Never had an issue with the Little Tokyo location, but now that El Segundo is open I go there regularly and it has been consistently great and convenient parking. The]at reminds me, still need to try that meatball sandwich.

1 Like

I stop at El Segundo on my way home from Top Golf.

1 Like

Kuro Pizza in Costa Mesa. Anyone been? I talked to a guy who swears by them. They add some secret Japanese umami ingredients to the food.

1 Like

Never heard of Kuro but sounds intriguing. Let us know how it is if you go.

It would be tough for me to not go to Folks across the street which now takes reservations on Yelp. Different styles maybe a bang bang opportunity.

3 Likes

MSG’s no secret. David Chang was talking about it on Netflix just the other day.

How many pizza places you know are using dashi and koji?

1 Like

But don’t you add it through many ingredients including tomatoes and parmesan.
It’s the same as when you ready about nitrate free bacon and than in contains celery juice which is s “natural “ source for nitrates

Tomatoes and Reggiano are good sources of glutamates, but they add a lot of other flavors as well.

Danny boys the cheese and sausage were better than the prime the crust was not and this slice cost 6.50. Would eat again in area but definitely not a drive to eat place

4 Likes

Just had an excellent New Haven style sausage pie…14" 6 slices…$22!

5 Likes

Where ??

1 Like