Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

It’s not delivery, it’s Digiorno…
Wait it IS delivery, and it’s PIZZA WAGON!! (thank G-D)

1/2 pepperoni +
1/2 sausage
———————-
Total Goodness

Driver apologized profusely for how long it took, much longer than the quoted 30-minute time, because he said they were so busy.

Glad to hear it!! :smiley:

6 Likes

Looks wonderful! Happy pepperoni eating @Gr8pimpin! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do they deliver over the hill???

They use delivery partners, like GrubHub, and Postmates. I think GrubHub has a distance limit, maybe Postmates?

1 Like

I like the pizza at 6th & Mill more than that at DeSano, which has a similar style. But yes, I totally agree that Pizzeria Mozza is way better.

Btw, reheating my leftover day old pizza was not as complicated as some folks make it.

I took my leftover pizza wagon slices, sheet pan lined with parchment and popped in a preheated 375°F oven, middle rack.

Maybe 5-7 minutes later, Pizza was just like a takeout slice. Perfect.

4 Likes

Any self respecting pizza lover should own a pizza stone at home. I stopped making pizzas at home for the most part (just wasn’t worth the effort and mess) but it’s excellent for reheating slices.

3 Likes

I had a pizza stone, I ditched it because I’m a pizza eater not a pizza baker LOL…and I don’t think the results are any better than what I got tonight

(assuming one starts with what was a great slice of pizza when fresh)

3 Likes

I’m always a proponent of the reheat of any delivered pizza as it allows the cheese and sauce to congeal again and makes the pizza more crispy.

I probably use my toaster oven over 50% for reheating/cooking frozen pizzas.

If you have an air fryer try reheating pizza with the air fryer. I prefer over the toaster oven.

I dont have an air fryer how does it taste different?

I like the way the cheese melts in the air fryer and the bottom is perfectly crisp. The toaster oven makes the bread crunchy. I’m not explaining this well. Maybe I’ll try to reheat pizza both ways and post pictures this week. My wife is much better with words.

2 Likes

I dislike toaster ovens, especially for reheating pizza. Too crispy for my taste.

The oven method I used is great, parchment, which I ALWAYS use for baking cookies, controls the bottom crust cooking and keeps it from getting too crunchy.

2 Likes

I love crunchy crusts maybe that’s why I love my toaster oven pizza, it probably helps that I ate a ton of genos and totinos pizzas growing up. I put it directly on the rack and sometimes grease creates smoke that adds an extra flavor element.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely have to try an air fryer next time at my friends house!

My lunch routine recently had to change and so I find myself often in Sherman Oaks around lunch time! 3x in the last ten days, including this afternoon…yep, PizzaWagon…it had been too long…the crust issue good! 4 of the 7 slices were pesto…incredible…easily the best NY style slice in LA area!..one pepperoni and 2 meatball slices also deserved rave reviews…many thanks Anthony!
sorry, no pics

4 Likes

Hi @lapizzamaven,

Glad to hear you’re still enjoying Pizza Wagon! Really love their Pesto and Pepperoni as well. :slight_smile: I’ll have to try the Meatball slices next time. Thanks!

2 Likes

Ok, I lost my mind for a minute and decided that I would try something different than my usual Pizza Wagon.

So i spent the same as TWO large pies from the Wagon and got one casserole from Gino’s East.

Seemed more like a pan pizza than a deep dish. Felt like I was drinking sauce and certainly wasn’t as loaded with “toppings” as I expected.

You could eat it with a fork, but I recommend a spoon to get every drop.

Last “Chicago-style deep dish” I had was after a rec of Union Pizza in Manhattan Beach from Mr. @wienermobile on our old board. I enjoyed Union MUCH more than this.

Live and learn… Unless I die later while digesting or ODing on oregano.

Forgive me, Pizza Father, for I have sinned… (and nobody mention a word of this to Mr.Maven @lapizzamaven)

6 Likes

One and done here - zero desire to go back. Speaking of which, prob gonna order a Prime Sicilian today or tomorrow. Last week I ordered 2, they lasted about 4 days.

2 Likes

Agreed. At least my curiosity is over.

Last week got a Sicilian at Pizza Wagon. Damn good!

1 Like