Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Thanks for the report back @Gr8pimpin. I had been meaning to post an update, having visited Gino’s East as well (months ago), but just been busy. Hope your digestion holds up! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That looks like the most horrific deep dish ever.

3 Likes

That looks wrong on so many levels…

2 Likes

I heard a lot of talk on Ventura Blvd about a guy wandering aimlessly and moanin’ about wasted pizza value! so, I found out Gr8pimpin! Ha, ha…due to a change in my schedule I was able to eat 4 times at Pizza wagon last 2 weeks…great slices: a few pesto, a few meatball, a few pepperoni…very satisfying! strange that the Blvd was quite empty and customers were running in & out of the pizzeria…anything unusual goin on around here?

2 Likes

LOL!

Wasted pizza value… understatement :slight_smile:

Blvd has been empty all week especially at dark.

Though of the people I do see, lots of them walking home with Pizza Wagon boxes.

Hope Anthony/Marina are doing ok.

1 Like

they seem to be pretty busy and thankfully when I drove past yesterday I saw them wearing masks…whew!

1 Like

Got the Apollonia’s square pie with pepperoni burrata and spicy honey. Best squarish pie/thick crust pie in the LA. The Parmesan cheese skirt surrounding the edges is reminiscent of cheese stuffed crust from Pizza Hut but in the best way possible crunchy and bronzed.

It’s thick without being heavy and filling like deep dish and the focaccia is super light and fluffy with a delicious carmelized crust on the bottom. Probably can only eat it once per year but I can’t wait to finish leftovers. It does come with a heavy price tag at 45 dollars which gave me some sticker shock as they don’t have printed prices for their square pizzas but it’s no different than ordering two John and vinnys pizzas or two mozza pizzas and it definitely feeds more people.

It’s cash only which is more concerning during these times but they had an open kitchen and everyone was practicing extremely good food safety, wearing masks/gloves, and washing hands frequently when touching money and changing gloves. You can also buy single square slices which is definitely easier on the wallet.

13 Likes

Holy shit @$45

2 Likes

Wow!!

But I guess that’s only a couple dollars more than that craptastic abomination I had from Gino’s East yesterday, probably feeds the same number of people and is exponentially tastier.

1 Like

Yeah definitely high priced but also very very tasty

I just spent $36 on a 3 topping Sicilian at prime so I guess I’m actually not opposed to $45 pizza.

8 Likes

That’s one sexy pie!

What is that, mushroom onion and black olive?

I really like how Prime puts that splash of basil on all their pies.

Mushroom / red onion / sausage. Pie of champions.

1 Like

Nice pie I love primes silicians! I’ll probably try to get pineapple and sausage on it next time

Is that eight slices?

Yes. I suppose $4.50/ea for a 3 topping square isn’t awful.

Pizza Wagon for a Sicilian pie.

1/2 pepperoni / half @Ns1 special (sausage, onions, mushroom)

I love the crust. Not bready at all. Sicilian pizzas are in my experience generally a bit saucier than a regular pizza, so I do prefer the regular round NY-style pies more.

Under $28 for this gastronomic delight.

Anthony says their business has been pretty decent.

11 Likes

Thanks for the report back @Gr8pimpin! :slight_smile: Why must you tempt me so? :wink:

Are you enjoying Pizza Wagon’s Sicilian crust more than their regular NY style?

2 Likes

I prefer the regular NY style.

I do like Sicilians, and Pizza Wagon has a nice crispy yet chewy crust. They’re a bit saucier and I prefer less saucy.

2 Likes

Hah I almost found myself there today for the same but decided to be good instead.

Have you had Prime’s to compare/contrast?

I definitely preferred PW’s regular slices over the Sicilian but then again my sample size is only 1.

1 Like