Chicken pot pie

Who’s got a bomb CPP? I’m in the mood.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home Cooking 2022

Are you looking for a recipe or somewhere to buy one?

buy

Have you been to Moffett’s Family Restaurant & Chicken Pie Shoppe in Arcadia? Personal size chicken and beef pot pies. The crust is flaky and buttery. The filling is classic CPP with nice chunks of chicken throughout. Comes with a simple cole slaw that hits the spot as well!

4 Likes

My two favorites are Woodspoon in DTLA and Crusteez in Ladera.

2 Likes

i endorse mary callender’s frozen, found in every grocery store … (but the bigger one not the smaller one, and only the original chicken, not the cauliflower pastry nonsense or the turkey or beef)

5 Likes

Marie?

2 Likes

I wanted to try this gumbo pot pie in 2020 but didn’t get the chance

Looks like it went back to being available only in Nov-Jan last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWUuazzF_4J/

3 Likes

apparently! i thought i was on top of it remembering the two Ls…

1 Like

My favorite was a co-pro last year between Fat N Flour and Nickel Diner, sold at Fat N Flour. Chicken Post Pie with an unannounced hatch chile element. I say HOT DAMN that was good.

3 Likes

Moffett’s is the gold standard for me. I’m sure there’s better upscale versions, but this checks all the boxes. It’s a great diner, too.

1 Like

@cjla I hope it will be back this year!

1 Like

you can’t go wrong with any of her pot pies

that looks GOODT!

@PorkyBelly thank you for sharing. I’ll definitely get one this year :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I don’t eat pot pie anywhere else. Give me two of those + some cole slaw and I am a happy man. I love the crust… 90% of pie shops would be better served learning how to make the Moffett’s crust!

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoSqEN4vjv2/?hl=en

3 Likes

Crustees in View Park has good CPP. Idk if it qualifies as bomb but I like it. They freeze well too. With a salad it makes for a quick & tasty dinner.

2 Likes

The Grill on the Alley in Beverly Hills has a sensational chicken pot pie

1 Like