Costco finds

So I assume it was good???

Smells good. I’m putting it in the fridge for future use.

1 Like

Keep me posted :slight_smile:

Seemed a bit overcooked and dry (not surprising given that it was fully cooked to start with) and underseasoned. I probably won’t buy it again.

1 Like

That’s a shame.

1 Like

It might be better if it were sous-vided to serving temperature, then crisped up with a torch.

What is it? I’ve reheated things, covered in foil at about 300.

Read back a few posts.

1 Like

Found this recently:

Basically, generic precooked pulled pork. Steam / sous-vide 'til reheated. Crisp up in pan w/ seasonings of your choice. Chili peppers, garlic, onion, cilantro, distribute on corn tortillas with chopped quick-pickle onion, more cilantro, and hot sauce of your choice. Street tacos!

season w/ garlic and ginger and scallion and chinese chili crisp and/or sichuan peppercorns/oil (and a few healthy pinches of MSG) and use in stir fry or fried rice.

heat it all up in your favorite bbq sauce for pulled pork sandwiches.

3 Likes

Everything from Del Real tastes like this

2 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Adequately cooked and largely unseasoned means it’s incredibly versatile, and you’ve saved yourself the long process of slow-roasting/braising.

I can say for a fact that the three applications above work flawlessly for your quick weeknight dinner.

4 Likes

90 minutes in the Instant Pot, always perfect. One of the few things it’s good for, but worth the.price by itself.

I’ve had that thought but since we’re retired time doesn’t usually matter. But good to know.

They sell these at Costco now.

2 Likes

Have you tried it yet? I’ve been interested.

The fermented black beans were a surprise but I appreciate the level of spice, though.

1 Like

Reddit seems to hate the cold packed ramen but I found it better than expected. Pleasant tonkotsu aftertaste. Lots of toppings.

Certainly not ramenya level but better than the shelf stable stuff.

I don’t think they have this exact one anymore but I found the old/new variants to be pretty equal in taste.

4 Likes

Hmmm. I’m a fan of the refrigerated (sometimes frozen) Sun Noodle ramen packs (Tonkotsu, Miso, and Shoyu), but I’ve never encountered them in Costco. I’ll have to keep a lookout.

1 Like

Interesting… this is a Korean brand and I hadn’t tried it… will give it a shot as I am in California Mart more than I am at Tokyo Central…

I like the Sun Noodle kits but I find their bases to be meh. The only one I really liked recently was for their special edition Jiro Ramen.

Other than that, in 2020, Seiwa had kits made buy the top noodle guys around town and Japan. I got the one from Tsjuita and Killer Noodle that included their epic pork fat/garlic topping. I used that for four additional bowls after the kit…

3 Likes