Costco finds

My usual Costco in Richmond has three entrances and the gas station is past the other two by a long way, but the line for gas backs up past the other two and sometimes a block past that.

Marina del Rey Costco is built in such a way that you either have to pass the gas station OR an In-N-Out Burger to enter/exit, so it can be pretty messy.

2 Likes

IMHO, that is the worst COSTCO location of them all (traffic wise)… though it’s good to bang x2 a hot dog and double double animal style.

1 Like

POG lovers - you need this in your life.

4 Likes

Not bad. Actually shell. vaguely reminiscent of salted egg salmon skin.

2 Likes

Take $5 off so this package is $18.90.

I guess the word got out that the new Cantella’s version of the dodger dog taste and feel nothing like the nutrient-rich, healthy Farmer John version you used to get at the ballpark.

These are like $7 for 6 at Ralphs. Pass for me but maybe someone here wants a bargain.

Anything almond is worth a try.

4 Likes

Giant packs of Sun Noodles coming to Costco!

I actually don’t use the soup bases and make my own miso ramen base. But I do like the packets for making tofu marinades.

6 Likes

does ‘spicy sesame’ translate to ‘tan tan’ ramen?

Cuz I’d totally try that.

2 Likes

YEP!! And that base is actually really good. I use about 1/2 a packet + extra Japanese Tahini to make a chilled dry Tan Tan Mein. It’s super good with cut fresh heirloom tomatoes.

3 Likes

TJ’s has a nice refrigerated product to use with this:

4 Likes

How do you reheat? I don’t have room for an air fryer and I recently reheated in a convection oven some Ruby BBQ… and it was pretty good… not great.

thick cut slices like standard ramen chashu and then sear the long flat sides, not the way it’s pictured on the box. just cut cold and then right onto a hot pan.

I have better luck with this product prepared as chashu vs siu yuk

2 Likes

Wait, what is Japanese tahini, why do I want it, and where do I get it???

You TOTALLY want it. It’s less bitter than Tahini. You can get it at Japanese Market over by the condiments. It’s usually in a small jar

3 Likes

O M G

I have some sun noodle tonkotsu in the freezer. I can do a decent ajitama. But this… game changer.

1 Like

I saw this the other day. Fridge was too full to buy it.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/kirkland-signature-sous-vide-pork-belly%2C-sliced%2C-2-lb-avg-wt.product.100355511.html

Grab this at the same time for that extra :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks!!! I find the Joyva to be bordering on unpleasantly bitter, so this will be swell (along w/ the pork belly from @ns1!!!).

1 Like

Tokyo Central has 4 different flavors of the Sun Noodle ramen packs. Tonkatsu, Shoyu, Miso and Spicy Sesame. They come in 2 packs. I’ve tried them all and they are all delicious. We tried a frozen precooked chasu but it was just ok. Forget the brand but they are located right next to the ramen packs.

4 Likes

love that garlic… always have some in my freezer (the basil cubes, which they haven’t had in a long time are great as well). I will say— the package says one cube = one clove of garlic, but one cube seems much more potent/garlic-y to me than one clove of garlic

2 Likes