Costco finds

That Garlic is grown in Israel in a small community where my father in-law grew up!
Great stuff

3 Likes

So I just picked up some of that TJ’s pork belly. I’m going out to 99 Ranch tomorrow to get some sun noodle ramen (the tonkotsu and miso are both very good).

Did you marinate or otherwise season this before (or after) searing? Soy/sugar and a little mirin for glaze?

Slice and pan fry. Maybe you have higher taste requirements but I find this perfectly sufficient for the task at hand.

7 Likes

Kirkland Signature Luxury Belgian Chocolate 1.26lbs is available in stores for $16. May not be a find to some of you, though I have been thinking of quality chocolate (from Swiss, Belgium, and surprisingly other countries such as Vietnam) for awhile, ever since I saw the Chocolate thread updated in the LA section here.

Hopefully Neuhaus 3 tiered chocolate boxes comes back to Costco this year (last year was $80) so I can satisfy my chocolate cravings. Also, I hopefully can grab a few of these boxes when they go on clearance for $20 each!

I need chocolate! Maybe I’ll buy some frozen cookie dough from Costco for freshly oven baked cookies and their semi-sweet chocolate(51% cacao and real vanilla) to stuff my face with them and make expresso with chocolate!

1 Like

How does it compare with Trader Joe’s Pound Plus?

I love Trader Joe’s Milk Chocolate and their Dark Chocolate.

One small piece per bar is plenty of chocolate each day.

I got to remind myself to take a small

> nippBBle

(4-5) and let it melt in my mouth to make them last. Not bad for $5 each.

Also Neahaus Discovery Belgian Chocolate Box is back at Costco, at $10 higher price online ($90)

1 Like

Gotta love when autocorrect gets all NSFW.

11 Likes

That Costco sampler has 21.5 ounces of chocolates so at $80 it’s almost $60 a pound.

You’re talking about the Pound Plus bars?

I recall liking at least some variations on their chocolate bars, though I can’t remember which ones.

What I CAN say, though, is that these:

were very disappointing. I mean, they weren’t, like, inedible or anything. They were just unspeakably BORING. They tasted like the first draft of something. I mean, better than a modern Hershey bar? Sure. But past that, I’m having trouble thinking of anything to say about it at all.

A strong ‘nay’ on this one. There are other variations besides the milk. There’s a dark truffle, a plain dark chocolate bar, and a dark chocolate w/ almonds.

Turkey Dinner with Stuffing & Gravy (serves 7-8 people, though it can feed up to 4 very hungry people) is at Costco for $3.99/lb ($35-$40). This was $2.99/lb last year… Inflation is a bitch.

It’s not bad for a pre-made meal. It’s best to wait until Wednesday to buy a fresh one right before Thanksgiving.

6 Likes

I won’t even go to Costco the week before Thanksgiving! I just paid for delivery today to avoid it.

Not my thing but maybe it’s yours

2 Likes

That sounds intriguing!

I also saw jamon on sale at Costco!

@Ns1 did you get a box of POM Pomegranate?

POM is overpriced and phonily marketed. Just buy pomegranate concentrate and make your own.

1 Like

@robert I like to eat pomegranate and I don’t like to drink just the juice alone somehow. Usually as snack or salad toppings. The fruit itself at Costco is pretty fairly priced and has consistent quality, but not as good as those good one at Korean Grocery stores.

Oh, you meant arils? I didn’t know POM sold anything but diluted concentrate.

Persian stores typically have superior pomegranates.

1 Like

@robert yes yes! That’s the word. It was very sweet and consistent throughout. Less than $9 for six big ones… around 9lbs, that’s less than $1/lb :two_hearts:

The best edible deconstructed Lego set this season :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I have an eversweet tree and it’s rather prolific…

I harvest and then juice them. The juice that comes out of these is INSANE. Thick and rich. So I cut it with about 50/50 cold brew green tea. Arizona will work in a pinch too… :rofl:

7 Likes

Does anyone have a hack for getting the pomegranate seeds out.