COVID-19 LA Discussion | Will you continue to order takeout or delivery as the COVID-19 pandemic spreads in LA?

It varies with jurisdiction. In the SF Bay Area counties, policies put in place during the AIDS crisis allow health officers to impose emergency orders without consulting politicians.

In any case, the LA order was enacted by the county Board of Supervisors.

3 Likes

it’s back

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZavalaA/status/1353569666212401152

3 Likes

Just in time for our winter weather!

It could be worse

1 Like

find it hard to believe that Garcetti will open things back up concidering how poor things seem to be going here but i’m sure there is a lot of pressure on him to open things up

5 Likes

Are you saying there is a chance I can be dining in a restaurant with outdoor sitting in Los Angeles this week?

Newsom lifting the state order just means we’re back to the county-level color coding.

1 Like

BREAKING: Outdoor dining will be permitted to reopen in Los Angeles County by the end of the week, county officials said Monday, as they work to align the county’s coronavirus restrictions with previous guidance provided by the state.

icu_available_beds

Right, because the situation has improved so much it totally makes sense to open up again. Completely rational decision based on data.

3 Likes

My understanding is that LA ICU bed availability has increased over the past few wks.

I personally still do not think that the decision to allow in-person dining makes sense (or, at least, makes any more sense than not allowing hair salons to re-open yet), but I assume there are other forces at work in this decision.

2 Likes

There’s a ray of light that LA hospitalizations are trending down which means ICUs will be improving about a week’s lag after that. So the trends are finally improving. Not saying this rule change makes sense, just that there are finally some positive trends.

1 Like

Not according to that chart I posted.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/california-coronavirus-cases-tracking-outbreak/los-angeles-county/

Ah, sorry. It is hospitalizations that have decreased in LA (and hopefully ICU stays will follow that trend, as @Helper_Monkey said).

I think that’s an overstatement.

Too soon. I don’t trust local/state politicians or their numbers. They’re under too much pressure. One questionable dip and they’re ready to open up. We’re surrounded by Covid. Count me out for at least 30 days.

13 Likes

I do wonder if we see more people going out now that they’ve been vaccinated.

Definitely.

To answer the OP. Yes.

I :hearts: dining out! But unlike the peeps who are having a hard time with their takeout not being perfect, we’re enjoying the creativity of chefs who are going above & beyond to make the at-home experience unique and special. It’s like having the restaurant experience in a private, intimate setting… called home. I don’t mind a little reheating. Then again, our kids are up and out, so the experience might be a little different. :blush: Ymmv.

10 Likes

I’m with you. Will continue to enjoy takeout meals. Been getting in the habit of gathering 3-4 meals in the same general area and bringing them home to enjoy for the next few days. In some ways it is more efficient than going long distances for one meal, although I cannot wait to be back inside restaurants again soon.

[Slight edit: The other part of this I enjoy is that I still in some way get to experience the restaurants and hospitality when I do it myself. Makes it so worth it.]

6 Likes