COVID-19 LA Discussion | Will you continue to order takeout or delivery as the COVID-19 pandemic spreads in LA?

I’ve been using the stairs when possible… Especially since I’m not going to the gym right now…

2 Likes

planning to go to Kali on saturday and just got a phone call from the restaurant asking if I am still going?
damn right I am!

2 Likes

Also see Asian Food During the Virus Scare - #119 by DiningDiva, which was started as a similar, San Diego thread on 2/24 and recently moved to Food in the News.

I think it would be best to combine the two threads so as not to splinter the continuum of thoughts and posts.

(Mods?)

P.S. – My apologies if I sound like our SD FTC thread – the one that got moved a day or so ago by the mods, not us – has been hijacked by LA. C’mon you guys, that’s not nice

if on twitter, please vote in this poll on eating out.

1 Like

Even they can’t believe it

Yascha Mounk is a politics writer ignorantly promoting panic. No actual expert is calling for extreme social distancing nationwide.

1 Like

People aren’t supposed to he released from quarantine until they test negative.

The numbers are dependent on how much a country is testing. The USA has had low test capacity, so our numbers are likely much higher. Italy has tested over 60,000. You can’t report what you can’t test.

I’m eating out, but careful about washing hands, social distance, not touching our faces, etc.

3 Likes

Bestia has wide open reservations for tonight. I’m sure the rain is not helping.

2 Likes

It’s very obvious that you are not very familiar with this field of science. Many key scientists and institutes are pushing for much stronger social distancing, for example IDM, which plays a quite important role in advising health organizations across the country (and internationally) has published this (which had a direct impact on some recent decisions in the hotspot around Washington/Seattle:

5 Likes

different experts are calling for different degrees of social distancing. if i were you, i would take it down a notch. we get it, you’re not worried.

5 Likes

Went to aghassi gopchang last night it was busy but not the usually insane wait busy

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/

1 Like

This is wild! Also, they couldn’t keep the Parks open while considering letting the Corporate employees work remote.

2 Likes

Everybody should encourage friends and family to buy gift cards, if available, to their favorite local restaurants. I completely understand if you are not comfortable going out to restaurants right now but this will help restaurants out immensely. My family still goes out and tries to frequent mostly small local family owned. Many have posted articles about restaurant closings. Let’s do what we can to help out the community. Once the situation stabilizes take your loved ones out to a nice meal.

14 Likes

We’re currently on vacation in AZ, and not gonna lie it feels pretty awkward being in restaurants right now. I don’t think we’re going to be going out for a while once we get back to LA. We have been upping our tips to 25% to try to help out service industry folk.

2 Likes

pete townsend?

1 Like

Spelled Townshend.

Or Roger Daltrey.

A levelheaded assessment.

2 Likes

well i will be dipped in sit.