Dish of the Month (DoTM) – JUNE 2017 -- FOOD ON A STICK

Turn that motha out… onto a stick (or something like that)!

:smiley:

Note to self: switch ramen search for yakitori search.

2 Likes

Looks like this month is a good match for food on a stick - Mitsuwa Torrance’s Gourmet Fair line-up includes fried fishcake on a stick. June 8 - June 12.

http://www.mitsuwa.com/event/japanese-gourmet-fair-2/?instance_id=2592

7 Likes

9 Likes

How many times do y’all think Chowseeker will go to Raku this month? I put it at 6.

8 Likes

i hereby challenge chowseeker to post with usual regularity on this topic
and NOT go to raku.
if accomplished, ns1 will gladly donate to chowseekers favourite charity.
gauntlet thrown.

4 Likes

uh… is a metal skewer a stick?

4 Likes

I’m so going there! Guilty pleasures coming soon!

2 Likes

Indeed it is.

I better let you guys have fun before my Armenian ass chimes in lol… meat sabres is kind of our thing

5 Likes

Hi @Ns1,

LOL! I voted for Salad this month. :cry:

2 Likes

Hah! I thought about that.

You’re just terrible.

[quote=“Chowseeker1999, post:12, topic:5817”]
Salad
[/quote]The Susan Lucci of DoTM.

6 Likes

I’m shocked I have not yet seen a Caesar salad on a stick at some ballpark or state fair.

Hey, do those stupid bloody Mary’s that come garnished with a whole burger and basket of fries impaled on a chopstick count? Some have salad in em.

1 Like

[quote=“lectroid, post:16, topic:5817”]
Hey, do those stupid bloody Mary’s that come garnished with a whole burger and basket of fries impaled on a chopstick count? Some have salad in em.
[/quote]I hope that’s an exaggeration, but yes… Some might disagree.

Hi @lectroid,

Yah, after hearing about how our country “invented” Deep Fried Butter on a Stick :scream: :confounded: at various county fairs, it’s only a matter of time someone tries to Deep Fry Salad on a Stick. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am due for a visit to Dollar Hits and Hot Dog On A Stick.

2 Likes

No pictures, but we picked up rice and kebabs from Shamshiri in Northridge for dinner tonight. Had the beef barg and the chicken Barg. Haven’t had it for a while – it hit the spot.

3 Likes