El chato sucking lately?

Went twice recently…horrible. Horrible, it’s never been so bad. The second time was ok. Nothing like it used to be. The meat tasted old, the shells were hard, very disappointed at my favorite taco truck. Is it just me, or is it going downhill. Went on a Thursday and a Friday. I’m hoping I went on a bad two nights.

i stopped going myself… mostly because last two times i drove by they weren’t there when they should be. just roll on down to Leo’s and keep it juicy. or The Spot On Pico… they’re open late

1 Like

Never been to The Spot. I’ve been missing out on the spot.

You should have seen my husbands face when I read your post. He loves, loves that truck. Even my vegetarian son was reminiscing about the carne asada burrito. We have a busy weekend. But, this is serious :fearful: I have a feeling he’s going sneak over there and check this situation out for himself. I’ll report back.

1 Like

Yep, like the place a lot and they are friendly folk. But be warned they are currently temporarily closed. Supposedly doing some renovating. I liked the charm of the hole in the wall set up. But hopefully some more seating and a restroom would be great.

1 Like

I love that truck too! Please report back and say it isn’t so.

@Luluthemagnificent Definitely. I will try to get him to go Sunday if they’re open.

I’ve never heard of The Spot either. It’s in my own backyard, so to speak. Hope it opens back up!

We tried to go tonight. Went to see Nice Guys. Hilarious… and violent, btw. The truck had a massive line. My boys started arguing about whether to stop or not. We did not. I haven’t forgotten my mission. They’re back Tuesday…

yea, i think it’s meant as a take-out spot… but that doesn’t work too well in a place you have to drive miles and miles to get anywhere… so people just eat on the curb.

El Chato - Hubby got the carne asada burrito, tacos and his favorite al pastor burrito.

I’m not a taco truck kind of girl. But, I decided to get in on this, since I’m posting.

To me, the shells were not hard, but moist. I like how they chop the beef almost like ground beef. The seasoning and lime flavor was very tasty. The meat was not chewy, but not moist. Maybe, if I had put the extremely hot sauce on it it would have been juicier. Plus, I’m just not into any gristle at all.

Here’s my family street taco expert’s review: Carne asada is supposed to have some chew, a little gristle, lots of hot sauce, and El Chato’s does it just right. Plus, he swears the Al pastor burrito beats Leo’s. He “don’t care if Leo’s has a spiral grill with a pineapple on top! El Chato rules!”

Hope that helps :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yeah, but they do have a couple of small tables inside and the four person table outside with the heaters. Sometimes I take home, sometimes I eat off the hood of the car. Only problem is the food can get your hands dirty and there’s no easy way to clean up.

Glad your experience was better than mine. I might go try it right now. :grin:

I’m not necessarily recommending it. Like I said, the gristle - even though small - was a problem for me. But hubby thinks they’re the same as they always are… Good! He prefers the al pastor though.

First of all, you’re supposed to be ordering the tripas at this truck.

The truck hasn’t been on it’s corner for over a month. Anyone know what’s up?

I went by the other day and it wasn’t there. I just thought it was because of the road construction. How do you know it’s been a whole month?

My son & his roommates who live off of Olympic said they haven’t seen it in almost 2 months. Construction maybe? But isn’t that more on Wilshire?

Not sure, But the night I headed over there, construction was on the corner and cars were detouring. Ask your son if it’s like that all the time? maybe that was a one time thing.

it says they are open: El Chato Taco Truck

I just went by. He’s there. Line is too damn long though.

Oh okay good! Maybe it was construction. That’s the freedom the truck operators have. They don’t have to stick by set times.