Fast Food Thread

He despised the fries, so I don’t think he said they were beyond reproach (that’s a good thing).

But man, he loves that bloomin onion at outback. He’s going on about that LOL!

“The bloomin onion… is beyond reproach”

I’d like to know how he got so many long fries. The ones I get are always very short. I order them well done BTW, which helps a bit, but I’ve long said to bring 5 Guys fries to InnOut and you’ve got a winner.

1 Like

These reviews are great. He has such a distinct voice.

He is not in the pro-filet-o-fish camp:
“Probably one of the ugliest offerings that McDonalds has in the history of McDonalds … bite fwuh … I’m not sure what kind of fish this is, but I’m sure this fish volunteered to be caught, or probably jumped on the boat and killed itself, it doesn’t even smell like fish at all, doesn’t even smell like its anywhere near the ocean. The tartar sauce is pretty good though.”

Meanwhile the McNugget, while it also “doesn’t taste like chicken,” gets his highest praise: “it tastes like itself… identifiable as a Yankee hat … a chicken nugget in sweet and sour sauce is beyond reproach.”

A lot of fast food is like that. Even when a menu item tastes minimally like its namesake, it can creep into your preferences as its own thing. The filet-o-fish, at best, might evoke breaded fish via its mouthfeel. But I sometimes crave the combined flavors and textures of the slightly sweet puffy bun, the oily fragrance of the too-thick breading, the mutant cheese, and that tartar sauce. And oh yeah, even the fish. Each of the parts tastes alien and disgusting on its own. But somehow it comes together into a sensation that is clearly imprinted in my brain.

3 Likes

Did he have Jack n Crack tacos? I wonder what he would have thought of the “meat” in those tacos

(For the record I love Jack In Box Tacos! Not better than Del and obviously not even close to Tire Shop, but those shitty Jack In Box tacos are just magically delicious in a gross way)

1 Like

I thought the exact same thing!!

Damn!!! They ARE so addictive!! I order them with extra cheese and hot sauce. Only thing to make them better would be some sour cream!!

YUM!

1 Like

If you wanna get even more low brow (it’s already pretty low brow) you can dip them in ranch lol

1 Like

Dinner tonight. Held it with one hand, barely, do the top bun is a bit hidden.

Tastes like something you’d throw together in the backyard with the “charbroiled” taste.

And only $3 in the app.

1 Like

I liked the in and out fries years ago . They were great .Had them awhile back . Holy cow they were horrible. Looked and tasted like dehydrated foam . What ever happened I don’t know
Last time ate there .

This Cracker Barrel review had me in stitches!

1 Like

I started watching that and remembered I had a ham steak in the fridge.

2 Likes

Okay so Orange Chicken vs General Tso’s

Seems very much like CA vs NYC. With Orange Chicken being more popular in CA imo.

OC is more sweeter and tangier.
GT is more spicy and less sweet.
Pretty much same technique just different sauce.

Which one is better imo?

One of my top guilty pleasures is Panda Express Orange Chicken so I am slightly biased. I do get GT and why it’s liked

3 Likes

Hankering for a Double Whopper, no mayo extra ketchup. $3 in the BK App.

2 Likes

OK, we can probably all agree that Wienerschnitzel sucks, though I guess those of us participating in the [The Drunk, Stoned, and Hungry thread] might disagree sometimes.

Maybe, just maybe, this needs to be explored? Tater Scoops??

1 Like

who would agree to such a thing. HEATHENS.

6 Likes

LOL!

Excellent! So I guess you’ll let us know how these taters are :wink:

Nah that shit looks gross. They could’ve made it great by doing tater tots but they had to mess it up with…whatever they’re doing.

Like, I just want their chili cheese fries sub fries with tots.

1 Like

TOTS!!

Agree, :100:!! More tots in the world is NOT a bad thing!

2 Likes

I loved the chili dogs . It’s where gross and good came together. Eating that mess in the parking lot . Looking down at your shirt to see if any of the grease dripped on it . Driving away thinking that sucked . Were good .

2 Likes

Lol Wienerschnitzel is the first place I ever had a pretzel bun hot dog so they’ll always hold a special place in my heart.

3 Likes