Fast Food Thread

Jack is stepping up his egg roll game

3 Likes

I wish they made those tacos with slightly more filling. Mmmmm mystery meat paste tastes so good. Long Live JIB Tacos! I can’t believe I love those piece of shit tacos so much.

I recently tried KFC Nashville Hot Chicken…it’s meh if you are expecting that Nashville flavor but if you lower your expectation and think of it as a “spicy” chicken it’s fine in a pinch. I’ll still take Popeyes with a side of red beans and rice

5 Likes

Just a heads up, McDonalds is giving away a FREE regular sized new Caramel Brownie McFlurry on May 4 at participating locations.

No purchase necessary. Just use the deal in the app either by showing the cashier the QR, or by using mobile pay.

6 Likes

$3 Triple Whopper from Burger King (app has them on Wednesday — sometimes extends to lunch Thursday)

I ripped the buns off to make it low carb. I can just feel the health!!!

Also, lookie what’s on the menu… the new chicken sandwiches.

Might have try for lupper

4 Likes

Taco Bell APP Overcharges

Just a warning, if you use the Taco Bell app.

I told them about 6 months ago. They even called me to recreate an example of an overcharge since they hadn’t seen it. It was minimal. 10¢ here and 15¢ there… it was a problem with real-time pricing from the store. But now, it’s off the rails. Not having to do with locations, but the way the app calculates the price of add-ons/customizations.

Here is a 44% Overcharge.

Beefy Potato-Rito = $1.59

Make It Supreme (add 90¢)

SHOULD BE $2.49 but the app charges $3.59

2 Likes

The mcdonalds app keeps not letting me log in. But for a free mcflurry? I will persevere! Thanks!

1 Like

Oooh… I love those tenders. But I am pretty sure they are not good for me :laughing: :wink:

1 Like

The hubster and I actually really like the BK chicken nuggets. And for a while the app had deal - spend more than $1 and you got a free kids meal. I can’t tell you how much I loved opening the cheesy prize. Still.

The offer is now get a free kids meal if you spend over $5. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted!

2 Likes

I am hoarding my favorite McDonald’s dipping sauce.

1 Like

How the hell did I not know this is a thing? Damn it. Free and by request only.

1 Like

Tried the new BK chicken sandwich spicy version with lettuce and tomato, added extra onions on the app. The size of the chicken is good, great crunch, good flavor but not very spicy, which is fine for me. I’d say it’s definitely better than McDs and KFC’s new sandwiches, maybe even better than Popeyes.

Also, shout out to the BK location at 5228 W Centinela, nicest staff with great service.

Btw, McDs got a guava & creme pie recently. Prices vary depending on location

6 Likes

Cross posting my feelings on the Burger King Chicken Sandwich (…and the Whopper)

1 Like

Wondering if Taco Bell will honor this app order?

Could’ve ordered 50 drink lids too.

4 Likes

I’m no fast food expert but I finally tried the Popeye’s chicken sandwich and previously tried most of the others -I have to say KFC’s is the best overall. Popeye’s had a great coating but the chicken itself was dry and over cooked to my taste, also the chicken didn’t cover the bun so there was a lot of extra bun. The spicy sauce itself was fine but nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

I think I may agree with you.

Today I had the spicy sandwich. It’s been a while. It was juicy, crunchy coating, the bun wasn’t smashed and pressed down, the spicy sauce actually had some nice lingering heat. I think it’s the spiciest version out there.

My favorite I must say is still Chick-fil-A spicy sandwich because of the simplicity and the flavor is in the chicken and the flavor is in the coating, not the sauce.

But I’m giving the edge to KFC over Popeyes and Burger King.

I still need to try Jollibee.

4 Likes

I have never been to a Raising Canes before. I happened to be in Oxnard so thought I’d give them a shot.

It seems they actually use the tenders. As opposed to breasts that are cut up.

Everything is a combo, with coleslaw and crinkle cut fries and “Texas Toast” which is just a buttered piece of bread. I only had a couple of the fries they were your average salty crinkle cut fries.

Crunchy, juicy, but they definitely need the sauce. The canes sauce is pretty damn good. Taste like ketchup mayo maybe a shot of Worcestershire.

The tenders are definitely not as flavorful as Chick-fil-A. I couldn’t detected any seasoning at all. The sauce is what really makes them. I was tempted to go across the street and compare to CFA but I decided to just head back.

But that changed,

As I’m driving back from Oxnard I started getting thirsty again, and I knew a McDonald’s was up ahead so I opened up the app to see what kind of deals there were and lo and behold… the Mighty Ducks won so $2.00 Big Macs. How could I refuse? I am no Grimace.

Added an extra patty, extra slice of cheese, extra onions, and extra pickles. Yep. Out the door for $3.82.

Got to say, this is how nature intended the Big Mac to be. (Paging @moonboy403)

I really should have put this in the stoned drunk and hungry thread, but believe it or not I wasn’t drunk or stoned or all that hungry.

11 Likes

Had me at Micky D’s :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No McRib? :grin:

We need an official @Gr8pimpin review of this famous Korean chicken chain.

5 Likes

Once was too many times for me. :joy:

That chicken place sounds good. I have the other Korean chicken places on my “to try” list. I’m intrigued by “Sichuan-inspired ‘fuego pepper’ sauce.”

3 Likes

I think the best thing at Cane’s is the sauce, too.

3 Likes