Fast Food Thread

The $1 /ea jumbo eggrolls bailed out the meal LOL

4 Likes

I was wondering if you were taking advantage of JIB’s 12 days of holiday savings.

1 Like

I didn’t even know about it. I look at the app weekly just to see what’s going on. I hate to admit, I love their egg rolls (since egg rolls are hard to find out here) and at $1 a piece the only thing keeping me from binging is not wanting to undo all the great lo-carb months I’ve put in. I’ve had a not so good cheat week.

2 Likes

Today was the free egg roll with an in app purchase!

1 Like

Am I the only one that finds this amusing, that Burger King‘s original chicken sandwich is more expensive than their premium chicken sandwich.

2 Likes

Ok, @A5KOBE , I went tonight and got the spicy chicken.

First of all, I will say this, the location in the valley on Woodman is so so so so slow. I could’ve raised my own chickens in the time it took to get the sandwich.

The sandwich however, was very good. A nice thick chicken breast, perfectly cooked nicely juicy, though not quite as crunchy as Popeyes KFC or BK.

I found there to be absolutely zero heat. I was kind of surprised. In retrospect, maybe they did not put the jalapeños on it? The other thing, strictly a personal preference, is I do not care for Sriracha. And that is the flavor of the sauce.

I think they might be my #5. Behind Popeyes and BK.

As far as quality, this is definitely up there.

Also today, I went to what I have previously stated is my number two favorite, KFC.

The sandwich was not nearly as good as my last one. These fast food places have serious problems with consistency. And I’m not talking about the way the product is prepared, but for example this chicken breast is half the thickness of every KFC sandwich I’ve had in the past.

Still I think their sauce is the spiciest of all of them. Really good.

5 Likes

That is weird, wonder what goes into their pricing and customer demand model.

I bow to your dedication in the constant pursuit for comparison. Weird about the lack of spicyness unless they did completely forget the jalapenos. You’d think raw jalapenos would give some heat at least.

Again, I’m loving all your contributions to this thread.

1 Like

Glad you tried it, your fried chicken is looking pretty thick. My jalapeños were not spicy either, I think more for a little flavor than anything, however my spicy sauce did have a little kick to make my nose slightly runny.

1 Like

It’s a pity. In the days of yore, long before everyone and their dog served a spicy chicken sandwich, Jack in the Crack had a pretty good one. The last time I tried one of those – a couple of years ago, they’d gone way downhill. Specifically, lower quality, gristly chicken. Similarly, I used to like their Chicken Fajita Pita, back when they used actual pieces of chicken. Last time I had one of those (several years ago) the chicken had been downgraded to some sort of meat composite thing, similar to McD’s chicken nuggets. At least they haven’t messed with the fake tacos or the jalapeno poppers – well, not recently anyway. If they do, that’s it for me with JITB.

1 Like

Thanks! My fat ass is loving it too :slight_smile:

I thought it was terrific. I really wanted to try their fried chicken. My wife spent a good deal of time in the Philippines and said their fried chicken is very good too.

I totally agree with you! I came out here directly from Florida, and without dating myself I will tell you that there were no Chick-fil-A‘s out here. For years the only fix I could get was Wendy’s and Jack in the Box.

Jack’s totally changed. I don’t think Wendy’s is as good as it used to be either.

Funny thing is, I had their Cluck sandwich when it first came out and it was 1000 times better than this one. This new one they’re promoting as improved. Ha!

I do remember the fajita pita used to be great. The other thing that changed was the ultimate cheeseburger. It used to be really huge, like a double whopper, and have nothing on it but three different types of cheese and their onion mayo sauce.

They also changed their monster tacos, they used to have chunky salsa on them.

They changed their chicken strips too.

I’m a total junk food junkie, I miss their taquitos, toasted ravioli, et al.

5 Likes

I miss Jack in the Box chimichangas.

4 Likes

They really did. Loved it as a kid. With curly fries of course

2 Likes

Tried the spicy cluck chicken sandwich at JITB, it was really good! My favorite is still Popeye’s but haven’t had much luck with consistency.

Did yours look anything like their photo or closer to mine?

@Gr8pimpin, looked similar to yours but was crunchy and hot. Was surprisingly good. Currently I’d rank them Popeyes, KFC and JITB, in that order but all of the places are wildly inconsistent. Last two times at Popeyes were terrible.

1 Like

Had this last week. The chicken tasted fresh-fried. Was juicy and meaty. Not dry or tough at all. The fry on the chicken was crunchy, but not crispy. Really nicely executed sando for a fast food joint. Fries were also good. Nothing special, but no problems.

Got the mango pie. Again, nothing amazing, but it was good enough. Wanna try the other desserts next time.

I didnt notice Halo Halo on the Torrance menu. Did i just miss it? I have had the halo halo from the Beverly location before and liked it.

5 Likes

I went to Torrance as well and didn’t see halo halo.

1 Like

It’s been awhile!

11 Likes

ba da ba ba bah

1 Like

When you sell your car . You’ll have to disclose . It’s never been smoked in . But yes I’ve eaten mickey d’s in it . Lol

3 Likes