Favorite high quality tuna?

Tonnino Tuna Ventresca in Olive Oil at Amazon

Nice Rec! I admit, I haven’t tried it… but I see it Whole Foods. It’s on sale this week it appears…

https://www.amazon.com/Tonnino-Tuna-Fillets-Yellow-Ventresca/dp/B07Q6PJ58J/ref=sxin_15_wf_dsk_deals_asin_f3_wg?almBrandId=VUZHIFdob2xlIEZvb2Rz&content-id=amzn1.sym.cd0c7d69-31a2-4d5e-98ea-eb07b00ed574%3Aamzn1.sym.cd0c7d69-31a2-4d5e-98ea-eb07b00ed574&crid=2TG1VDENVG19Q&cv_ct_cx=tonnino+tuna&fpw=alm&keywords=tonnino+tuna&pd_rd_i=B07Q6PJ58J&pd_rd_r=340f2d2e-150b-4831-852e-e4946b62de72&pd_rd_w=qe6dM&pd_rd_wg=URSfZ&pf_rd_p=cd0c7d69-31a2-4d5e-98ea-eb07b00ed574&pf_rd_r=32JFG962NVSBD3BVANJJ&qid=1663047985&s=wholefoods&sprefix=Tonn%2Cwholefoods%2C132&sr=1-1-1ca3cf08-ee67-4b92-94f8-634aff4f0434

2 Likes

Weird that it says country of origin US, as shown on the label that’s actually from Costa Rica.

Good thing the olive oil isn’t hydrogenated!

I suppose it happens very often. For example origin from the US but make in Costa Rica.

This is just an Amazon mistake.

I’m probably not going to spend $57+ on a jar of tuna but somebody might. I bet it’s delicious.

3 Likes

I like that! because that let’s me buy good tuna and oil then justify it by saying -See, I’m saving money!!! :heart_eyes_cat::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Wow! it’s $20 in europe but $60 in shipping… :rofl:

I got this at Cookbook. It’s STUNNING.

4 Likes

Running out of Katy’s again

3 Likes

Long ran out. Too bad we’re no longer neighbors, we could do sharesies again on a case. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i’ve had 3 boxes since then. it’s well worth it but ya i’d share

2 Likes

Supply chain issues? The online store from which I’ve been buying cases of Flott 5.5-oz. tins for $4.25 delivered is out and nobody else seems to have cases either.

Life is in flux and I haven’t dared order my cans from Katy for this season. Mainly I have been using La Brujula… paying quite the pretty penny at Cookbook and Surfas. In fact, it was on my last visit to Surfas I saw a new fancy tuna on their shelves. It seemed to bridge the gap between fancy and everyday… They had it in single cans and this two pack. The two pack was around $10 so I went for it…

The cans are a good size. Almost 6oz! Most fancy tunas are around 4oz.

And when I opened up, it indeed looked like an everyday tuna… but quality. Firm, not smelly,

It’s corn season and I used it to make one of my favorite tuna salads. Freshly cooked corn… roasted jalapeno, red onion and herbs…

LOTS OF KEWPIE!

I served up atop of garden greens and heirloom tomato. Lovely meal for hot days…

All in all, I am happy for the inbetween option. I will be picking up another pack on my next visit.

12 Likes

Aren’t those standard-size cans? Either five ounces and change net weight for the larger ones and around three ounces for the smaller? They’ve always stacked cleanly when I’ve had a mix of brands.

Standard size for everydays like Bumblebee and the like. Ortiz, Brujula and the like are more like 4oz.

Flott comes in 3 and 5.5.