Favorite Restaurants San Fernando Valley (SFV)?

hi ftc,
what’s the play at furnsaj? thanks.

Lahme’ b’ajine mana’ish, adjarski mana’ish, and saj bread are some of my favorites. Get the saj bread in bulk and you have terrific flatbread for the week or you can freeze for future use.

4 Likes

Stay away from the Luleh, Schwarma wraps are much great and any of the “pizza” even the simple sumac and zaatar is great

3 Likes

Falafel pie was strangely good!

“3 Falafels fried to perfection on top of hummus, tahini, sprinkled with tomatoes & turnips all together on oven baked manakish bread”

It is a little sloppy so dine with caution.

Also, if you get shawarma, go with the lamb!

1 Like

From a piece in LA Magazine:

http://www.manelikitchen.com/

I’ve not been but it looks interesting.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Bombay Frankie closed down after service last Sunday.

The Culver City location is still up and running.

1 Like

Anyone ever been to this place in the SFV? Sign out front says “Korean Soup”. It’s on Reseda just north of Roscoe.

Website is nonsense so here’s the Yelp link

Yes it’s great. Galbijim is the play imo. None of that cheese business.

7 Likes

So glad you’ve been. Anything else worthy? I can’t get just galbijim, I’m a fat ass.

1 Like

Unfortunately I was not able to explore the menu beyond the galbi Jim/tang before I moved out of the neighborhood. Based on the galbijim I gottta imagine whatever they’re doing is near the top of the quality spectrum in that area.

2 Likes

A new favorite for me is Tigranakert Meat Market in Van Nuys. It’s an Armenian market with a lot of speciality good, but if you go over to the meat case, you can order a plate with sides and pick out the raw meat you want used for the kabobs, which they will then go form and grill over charcoal for you.

This picture from eater is exactly what I got–mix of luleh and regular kabobs, amazing eggplant, and a beet salad. Next time I would get the hummus instead of the beet salad, but everything I had was delicious.

The rice the kabobs are over is also delicious.

I would put this, in terms of overall quality, below Mini Kabob, but better than anything else I’ve had in the SFV.

11 Likes

I sense a bang x 2 in my future….

Daichan and Tacos 1986.

9 Likes

Sugarfish x 1986 x Daichan triple bang

4 Likes

So funny I knew I did not have to tag you for my post. But I didn’t expect such a quick response lol

2 Likes

Sugarfish moved to the sportsmans lodge, they are using that space as a kazu nori.

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

Is this open already?

Takemymoney.gif

1 Like

Not sure. Don’t think so. Not in the valley full time anymore. I will follow up. I know they were doing a face lift to the old sugarfish.

2 Likes

Return to work just got so much more expensive

4 Likes

No not yet

1 Like