Favorites at Trader Joe's?

Found the tarts at Santa Clarita TJ’s

3 Likes

I picked up a box yesterday… looking forward to trying them out

3 Likes

Had them tonight! LOVED them. I think the oven instructions are a bit too long… So I will try only 20 minutes in convection bake… Also… be sure to let them cool a bit… they are MOLTEN.

8 Likes

Recently tried this and enjoy it as a topping. Spicy and crunchy. Spicier than the chili onion crunch with larger chili chunks.

2 Likes

finally got around to trying these----had a couple w/ my coffee for b’fast. Def yummy!

Agree with you @Midlife I was quite skeptical, but grabbed the last one at the SaMo Wilshire branch today.

Really refreshing, creamy and unlike the nondairy strawberry oatmilk ice cream it wasn’t icy at all.

Boba was chewy and slightly soft.

Here’s a pic of scoops in a dish:

2 Likes

Grabbed the natas they are pretty good!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I haven’t seen it at either of my nearest TJs since then. :pensive:

especially for frozen

2 Likes

What do you think of the new cashier system they have there? I was skeptical at first but it seems to move fast

Yes, SaMo Wilshire checkout is efficient and fast – prefer this one to the cashier system at TJ WLA on Olympic.

I think the SaMo Pico one seems to have better stock at times, since the opening of the SaMo Wilshire store.

1 Like

What is this new cashier system, don’t have it in weho?

1 Like

It took me some getting used to because the line can look very long but it moves fast! Basicly there is 1 line to the cashiers BUT there are like 16 cashiers close together. It’s really pretty efficient.

@foodshutterbug i like the selection at Olympic just east of Bundy better but I do go to both

2 Likes

I’ll have to check it out next time.

One of the TJs I go to regularly has that setup. It’s more efficient overall. You can’t luck out and get a cashier with no wait, but you won’t get stuck behind someone with some complicated time-consuming mess, either.

1 Like

Our South OC TJs have used that single line feeding system since Covid began. It’s amazing how quickly it moves though. The two near me have maybe 10 cashiers close together and you have to stand back until the they’ve finished ringing up almost everything and there’s no other customer who’d be close to you before you can pay.

Most of the other chain markets used a similar system until just a few months ago when they went back to individual lines. One cashier told me that people hated the single long line; then people complained that aisles across from checkouts were being blocked by people waiting and distancing. :roll_eyes:

People are idiots. The single long line waiting for the first available cashier is the most efficient system to get people through. I love places that have that kind of set up.

3 Likes

I admit… I once bought a dress in the Aisle of Shame at Aldi (which I love!)… now I can add an Apron at Trader Joes! It’s a 100% linen and $25… which is not a bad price considering how nice it is!

I never used to wear aprons much… I would often just get home and throw on some casual wear and cook. Now since I’m WFH, one of the benefits is making my own lunch or getting some prep work in before the last late video call of the day. I had been wearing a traditional apron to protect my work clothes, but I really like this Pinafore style even more than I thought because I can just throw it over my head. No tugging at the collar or cinching at the waist. So much more comfy! It has nice deep pockets in front and towel loop on the hip. I kinda like that idea because I have never been a fan of the towel over the shoulder… but we shall see how practical it is in the long run. Otherwise… super happy! Hope in the future, they come in more colors!

–Dommy!

11 Likes

Because of the layout and the amount of volume they run, the USC trader joes has had the one line system shortly after they opened… even before Covid. It just works out better for everyone, especially since most of the rings for the store are small

1 Like

I’m really liking these cookies— nice balance of peanut butter, chocolate and thin layered wafers. At 350 calories per bar, not to be eaten all at once (at least not at this point in my life)… but yummy.

5 Likes