Favorites at Trader Joe's?

I think I’m going to be ill.

1 Like

They sell a chocolate hummus too. I don’t understand either one.

I am hooked on these. If these were a little more crispier it would be a 10/10

2 Likes

Re the onions: I have to disagree. I found the taste to be a bit odd and the texture (not crispy enough) was a deal breaker. Just my 2¢ oh f course.

1 Like

Agree with the texture. The taste for me is like carmelized onions

The onion chips are just OK to me, mainly because I’ll eat just about anything allium-related; they’re almost soggy though. The ones Dang used to make were crunchier and more flavorful. But what I really miss, from many years ago, are the bagged (not frozen) onion rings that Alexia used to make. You’d get a small bag of beautiful, intact onion rings that somehow tasted like they’d just been made. It must’ve been an expensive process, because that small bag was like 3 or 4 dollars. I gladly paid it, but I guess the general public didn’t see them as a good value. They were so good, I felt they belonged somewhere other than the chip aisle. Too bad they didn’t catch on.

1 Like

https://www.alexiafoods.com/creatively-crafted/crispy-onion-rings

I am also loving these.

This is a confession I guess but I love the Beef and Broccoli. With that chicken fried rice too I am a happy man.

I saw this and decide to pick it up. Haven’t tried it yet but I do love me some Nando’s! I remember getting Nandos peri peri at Costco back home in So Cal. If I do a return trip to DC I’ll hit up Nando’s. With all the local chicken chain restaurants in So Cal I wonder why Nando’s hasn’t tried it out. The color looks different than Nando’s

I like this too. No sodium. It’s very mild may be a little sweet for some of you.

2 Likes

Just as I had hoped… the Linen Apron has come out with a seasonal color! Red!

1 Like

Um, thank you Robert, but those are the frozen ones. They’re OK as frozen onion rings go, but they’re not the product I was talking about.

Ah, I missed the “KEEP FROZEN” on the package.

It’s stinky cheese season at TJs and I already got my fill of the Pave cheese, which is like a poor man/woman’s version of Epoisse (deliciously ooey gooey with an edible crust). I think it was $5.99. Ate it with sliced persimmon, crackers and candied spiced pecans. So yummy :yum:

Also bought another soft French cheese with a washed edible rind labeled “Langres AOP” but it’s still sitting in my fridge. :cheese: It’s traditionally served with champagne poured into the sunken center, but I’m gonna pair it with a dry cider instead.

4 Likes

Langres’s orange color comes from annatto, so it can look super-ripe but be all chalky in the middle.

1 Like

I was looking for the Taiwanese scallion pancakes and noticed the Korean-style short ribs and pajeon so got those as well.

Ribs were sloppily butchered but had good flavor. Good value for $6. I’ll have to try the ones from the local Korean supermarket to compare.

Pajeon needed to cook longer than the package suggested to get crisp. Should have made a dipping sauce.

2 Likes

Looked like continuing supply-chain issues today. No regular salted peanuts, Kalamata olive oil, or any of the several kinds of crackers I buy at TJ’s.

they finally got the water crackers back in this week @ my local TJ’s after being gone for months

1 Like

I’ve had those pancakes in the freezer for a long time. Moving soon so need to eat Sound good

1 Like

I assume these are not unique to TJ’s, but I just had a “cosmic” apple for the first time today. F*cking delicious. Juicy and nicely balanced btw sweet and tart (to the point where both partner and I enjoyed it, and I normally like much more tart than does he). An excellent snacking apple.

Only bought one and kind of craving another one already… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I saw those recently. Thanks.