February 2020 Rundown

Hainan Chicken, Pearl River Delta.
Tasty.

10 Likes

I think @JLee tried to address it by replacing caramelized onion(the initial version I had) with a tomato/ketchup onion mixture (the version you and @hppzz had) that’s reminiscent of the sauce in “baked pork chop rice”. But I think it still needs more acidity…perhaps a slaw that also adds freshness would be real nice.

4 Likes

How about Banh Mi style daikon carrot pickles?

1 Like

That sounds great actually!

1 Like

106 Underground.

Might just be the best overall Mariscos restaurant in LA but like I said the Tostada Negra at Mariscos Tocho…that to me is the best damn plate of ceviche with the salsa negra.

The ceviches here are very very good, nicely balanced and not overly marinated. The Marlin Taco was fine. The Snook is very tasty especially when you get a strand or two with those onions in a bite. Oh that tequila, chiles, garlic sauce with that shrimp was very tasty, I soaked it up with the rice.

16 Likes

Rare Jalisco style Churros at Don Churros Gomez

5 Likes

Meeting friends at Gracias Madre for lunch. This store is behind the Verve Coffee Roasters on Melrose and Robertson. But alas they don’t serve any food here and wouldn’t let me use their facilities.

9 Likes

No Toto for you!

1 Like

Guess who’s back…back again…

4 Likes

Lol I caught PRD on what I think was their first day selling the pork chop bun. It cost $6 and immediately became a contender for best QPR in the city. Now that it’s ten dollars, it’s still more than worth it.

3 Likes

The first picture I knew who was the chef. Fantastic

1 Like

if it means anything I do use beelers pork, its branded as a heritage pork breed and mos to the first day pricing tends to be introductory pricing so usually I tend to price things less when Im not that confident in it.

7 Likes

It means a lot that you’re using beelers. I can taste the quality, and as I said, it’s easily worth the ten dollars! I’ve been twice in the past week or so and am glad you extended the pop up.

4 Likes

Thanks for spending a meal with us!

4 Likes

Jiggly and retro.

2 Likes

Pizza Wagon for lunch. Inspired by another FTC thread.

Forgot photos so here are photos from my previous delivery order, 1/2 pep, 1/2 meatball & sausage.

7 Likes

Did you order double meat on the sausage/meatball side?

No.

Il Romanista

8 Likes

Lunch @ Komatsu in Torrance

煮魚定食 (Nizakana Teishoku) [~$16]: Stewed Yellowtail with Burdock Root and Tofu

もつ煮定食 (Motsuni Teishoku) [~$16]: Stewed Beef Intestines with Burdock Root and Tofu

Komatsu is my favorite place for Japanese comfort food. Never actually been here for dinner, though…

8 Likes