Filet o Hashbrown

Since 2015!!! #FTCtrailblazers

2 Likes

10 minute window? Aren’t hash browns available all day now?

1 Like

Not anymore

raining_david_tennant

4 Likes

Well to be fair, Sho Spaeth’s story has his discovery process unfolding during college, which would be 2001-2005.

3 Likes

At certain locations, yes, hash browns are still available all day. Just had a Filet-O-Hashbrown at 1PM today.

4 Likes

Yeah, a lot of McDs have a limited menu for now.

2010 @ipsedixit chowhound

8 Likes

Crap I miss @ipsedixit. He wasn’t always polite and we had a few personal clashes, but he was such a valuable resource and a good person. Oh well it is what it is.

4 Likes

i had the temerity to challenge and refute an assertion of his (i did go to michigan). i can understand his passive-aggressive responses to that (for months if not years), but i find it hard to forget how (while back on CH) he belittled a first time poster who apparently had poor english skills. if i’d ever witnessed anyone be that cruel/condescending to my mother because of her poor english, i would have pounded his teeth down his throat. and unfortunately, i continue to view him through that lens.

8 Likes

You spelled it out perfectly.

1 Like

Well, FoF Friday’s are back starting today.

They aren’t serving hash browns all day for now, suspending all day breakfast because of the pandemic, am I right?

Or do they still have hashbrowns at some locations?

I guess one could go to Arby’s for potato cakes, or come to think of it, Jack in the Box has all day breakfast so you could get hash browns there.

4 Likes

No all day hash browns. McDonald’s is dead to me.

3 Likes

I think I’ll try the Jack browns.

Or maybe I should make a Filet o Taco?

2 Likes

Surf n turf taco. Nice.

Buy like 5 or 6 hash browns. Put in freezer (their natural habitat). When you need a hot one, just pull it out of deep freeze and microwave at will (which is what they’re doing a McD anyways).

2 Likes

Or you could make your own, McDonald's Hash Browns made faster and better at home. - YouTube.
Of course if you are going to do that you might as well make your own fish, Fried Fish Sandwiches With Creamy Slaw and Tartar Sauce Recipe, which really goes against the concept of fast food, and will cost you more than $2. So I guess @J_L 's idea of freezing the hash browns is probably the best idea.

1 Like

They used to be good years ago . Now it’s like slamming down greasy bubble gum to fill you up . That leangering greasy taste in your mouth just makes you realize . Wtf am I doing. Fricking horrible.

2 Likes

Don’t sleep on frozen hash browns. We got a pack of Trader Joe’s frozen hash browns (each patty a dead ringer for a Mickey D’s hash brown), hit them with an air fryer at 400 degrees for nine minutes, and they hit the spot.

7 Likes

Same, but I do 10 minutes. So good!