Five-year wedding anniversary dinner recs?

Hey all, my significant other and I are hoping to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. Where should we go? I feel I had a decent idea of things pre-pandemic, but now I have no idea which dining rooms have their vibrancy back. Budget would be around 150 pp. Anything north of that is stretching things. Early candidates are Angler, the counter at Holbox for their tasting menu, and Taco Maria, though I’m certain they’ll be open for in-person dining yet.

Orsa & Winston is already fully booked. So is Bavel. (I didn’t realize that reservations were so difficult these days, so I fear that some of the most popular places will already be full.)

2 Likes

Angler or Republique. 150pp is a healthy budget at both IMO

1 Like

Kali is doing a 5 course seasonal tasting menu for $135 (or a la carte is available as well). I haven’t been there since pre-covid, but I consider it a “special occasion” type of place.

2 Likes

Note that a lot more reservations should open up starting June 15 if full capacity is allowed.

I wouldn’t go back to Republique for dinner until they’re seating the front room again.

I just booked a reservation at Angler. It will be fun to get back to that space.

Republique’s earliest table is 9pm and outdoors…

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ve never been there but have heard only good things.

I liked the patio and will miss it when it’s gone.

1 Like

kato
broken spanish @ neuehouse

1 Like

Gonna keep looking at these spots but both booked up. Kato entirely, Broken spanish for anything before 8:45. Broken Spanish sounds great though.

1 Like

2nd. Also I always have fun at AOC, Hatchet Hall and Chi Spacca is always my favorite

1 Like

Citrin and Melisse are reopening 6/3. Citrin will host a $150 4-course tasting menu, in case you’re interested. Supposedly Chef Takayama has conceived a new menu. I’m excited to try it myself.

4 Likes

Angler seems perfect

Congratulations! We just celebrated our 33rd at Bestia. Daughter and her boyfriend joined us. Dinner was excellent, ambiance as well. One of the only good things about Covid is the reduced restaurant capacity made for a quieter dining room. Total damage with 23% tip was around $600 which is your price target.
IMG_4274.HEIC
IMG_4275.HEIC
IMG_4276.HEIC
IMG_4277.HEIC
IMG_4278.HEIC
IMG_4279.HEIC
IMG_4286
IMG_4287
Didn’t take pictures of the desserts.

12 Likes

Happy Iron Wedding Anniversary!

2 Likes

Ahh, this is tempting. Could be fun to dress up a bit. (Have not done that in ages.)

I’m all over the place now.

2 Likes

Thank you my friend!

1 Like

No rule against multiple meals for the anniversary month! (Though it might strain the budget, at least ours.)

5 Likes
  1. This looks absolutely amazing.
  2. I didn’t even consider Bestia because there’s no world in which i can get a reservation for a friday night only two weeks before. :frowning:
3 Likes

You might try calling them. We were able to add two a week before by calling. Sometimes talking to people, and Bestia seems to hire really good people, works better than online communications.
At any rate all the best, and once again congratulations! Staying together is worth it, but it is work.

2 Likes

I can only imagine it’s tough to set up a seating map for online reservations right now. They probably have to be overly cautious so as not to go over the 50% (?) capacity limits even if by accident. They might have a bit of leeway when it comes to people calling in.

3 Likes