Food Websites You Visit

I sites I frequent the most are FTC, Eater, LA Magazine and Hungry Onion (sometimes).Squid Ink and CH are both out of the rotation. I’d like to add some more resources that are not restaurant suggestion based sites. I miss Lucky Peach.

Anybody have good suggestions?

2 Likes

I go to Serious Eats for most recipe ideas. Bon Appetit is also a good resource.

What is this? Google is not much help.

I think LA Weekly changed the name of the blog/site after the recent acquisition.

Thanks @OCSteve I forgot about Serious Eats. I reference for recipes as well and more often recently for kitchen equipment reviews before purchasing.

1 Like

Thanks! Too bad (for me) that’s it’s LA-centric. I’m not there that often.

Serious Eats, saveur.com, Gastro Obscura

1 Like

In addition to the above mentions, I second Gastro Obscura, and add:

Martha Stewart rarely lets me down for basic recipes, especially baking.

1 Like
1 Like

Here are some of my favorite recipe sites:

smittenkitchen.com Caveat; the recipes have gotten bland lately. Many of the old ones are great. The Indian section has several recipes I make regularly.

technicolorkitcheninenglish.blogspot.com This is my go to site when I need baking inspiration.

whiteonricecouple.com Horrible name, great recipes.

davidlebovitz.com Great recipes.

The weekly Ottolenghi column in The Guardian is a great source for recipes. Yotam Ottolenghi recipes | Food | The Guardian

1 Like
2 Likes

That is an excellent resource.

1 Like

Cook’s Illustrated is great but many of their recipes are subscription only. However, I have found them duplicated on other sites such as Epicurious, which I like as well. I subscribe to Pailin’s Kitchen, Food 52 and Kitchn.

This is a pretty good website founded by one of the NYT food section contributors