Fried chicken "shawarma" sandwich - Dune

Tried this sandwich/wrap today and it was one of the best things I’ve eaten in a while. Just an amazing sandwich. Chicken was crispy on the outside and very moist inside. They call it “shawarma” but it’s really not. It’s boneless fried chicken but this may be one of the best fried chicken sandwiches in the city. Huge size too. Highly recommend.

(pic from yelp)

5 Likes

nice! will try next time I’m at Dune

Venice or AtH2O?

Atwater

The spice must flow…

4 Likes

I like Dune, but haven’t gotten around to this particular sandwich. Thanks for the report!

I love Dune so much. I totally agree the fried chicken shawarma is great, and their zhug may be the best I’ve ever had.

Was it white meat or dark? Their website doesn’t list it : |

(Spoiler alert, though I know some folks find it dry, I am a white meat gal. Sorry :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Dark.

At least it was at the one in DTLA.

"Dark.

At least it was at the one in DTLA."

Drat - as it looked so darn glorious.
But hooray for your information. Thank you. Now I know! : )

I had only heard about the Atwater Village location until today. I had no idea they had two others.

Is the food better at one location over the others?

I haven’t noticed a difference in the food, but the setting at the Venice location is gorgeous and super chill. It’s in the old Dudley Market space.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Fantastic that it’s that close by to me. Going to have to add this to my rotation

I do like that location, except for parking. Parking is sparse and cruising around the area looking for a spot is arduous.

1 Like

I’m almost afraid to write this but … there’s always parking in the metered lot at Main and Rose.

They also deliver: https://www.trycaviar.com/la/dune--venice-6793

But I highly recommend dining in if you’re getting the fried chicken shwarma. I’ve had it both in-restaurant and via delivery, and in transit, the chicken loses its crunch, and it all gets a bit soggy.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s a pretty saucy sandwich to begin with so I recommend eating it as quickly as possible.

It’s a good tip, but not always!

1 Like

“And walk two blocks?”

• Native Angeleno
4 Likes

Really? I go there pretty often and the lot has never been more than half full. But this is usually on a weekday. Is it worse on weekends/at night?