Funke - Beverly Hills

Yes, I agree with that too.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity - obviously prices have gone up over the last 2-3 years and pasta at Funke is made by hand etc. but seeing prices of some of these pasta dishes reaching $50 (which I would call on the very high end compared to many, many other places) I am just wondering is his pasta so much better than anywhere else or is it just good quality and additional hype/PR.

1 Like

Gotta make that Beverly Hills rent.

4 Likes

the latter and also the beverly hills premium.

3 Likes

The agnolotti dal plin are labor intensive so I can see why they’d want to charge a premium. But now the prices of the other pastas have increased. Not sure why.

The why is quite simple. Because he can.

3 Likes

https://lamag.com/best-new-restaurants/best-new-restaurants-los-angeles-2023

1 Like
1 Like

funke still killing it. highlight was the off-menu anchovy pasta, light but with a deep savory flavor. hope it sticks around.

condimento di accuighe - fennel, onion, garlic, anchovy, tomato, marjoram

funke in the funkehouse

sfincione palermitano - focaccia siciliana, sugo di pomodoro, acciughe, caciocavallo stravecchio, mollica

gamberi in salsa verde - south pacific blue prawns, salsa verdge, lemon

frisella pugliese - ricotta fresca, english peas, fava beans, asparagus, market tomatoes, erbe aromatiche

fusilli all’arrabbiata - sugo di pomodoro, aglio, olio santo, diavolicchio, pecorino romano dop

orecchiette - salsiccia, broccoleti, sugo di pomodoro, 'nduja, pecorino pugliese

meringata - tangerine granita, finocchio candito, creme fraiche panna cotta

torta di ricotta - harry’s strawberries, pistachios, sorbetto di rabarbaro

11 Likes

Loved that “bagel” with spring veg!

3 Likes