Geezer / boomer rock: threat or menace?

Fleetwood Mac peaked early.

Like Rod Stewart.

2 Likes

Fleetwood Mac was great live in the 70s. Unfortunately Stevie twirled herself right off the side of the stage into the pit when I saw them during the Tusk tour. Luckily she got right back up, climbed onto the stage and continued on…lol

1 Like

Lordie, Lordie…

I agree. I didn’t care for FM’s late music much at all. It became to hard and harsh for my taste. But their early stuff was wonderful, especially pre-Tusk.

If you wish to continue to enjoy Buckingham-era FM, please make sure you never read anything he’s had to say in the last, oh, 20 years or so.

I get that there is no love lost between him and Nicks but Jesus, man. It’s over. Let it go.

2 Likes

Holy crap. I had NO IDEA that “Green Menalishi” originally a Fleetwood Mac number. My metalhead highschool friends introduced me to Judas Priest with THEIR version. I never knew it was a cover.

I was done with FM after Tusk.

Bob Mould can distort with the best of them.

1 Like

Doc,
I’m not going to comment on your concert pics, but I generally agree that most rock bands have a shelf life and many don’t know when to exit the stage. They could be sidemen, producers or mentors, but the money from touring must be too good to resist. (OK, a few would pretend to be actors for a film or two, but that wasn’t anything to write home about.) After the streaming services took most of the money out of record/CD sales, touring was the only game in town and it turned out fans would pay exorbitant amounts to see the old folks. Hence, the old bands from the 70s just kept touring and occupied space that could have been enjoyed by new bands.
One exception that comes to mind regarding the old and dated performers is Jimmy Buffett. He was rumpled, raggedy and repetitive from the git go. So I suppose he will be searching for his lost shaker of salt till he shuffles off this mortal coil.

I saw the E Street Band at the LA Memorial Coliseum on the Born in the USA tour. Bruce’s anti-Nam stance was crystal clear. Dynamite show.
Reagan tried to co-opt the tune but was a fail.

2 Likes

I’ll ignore your presumptions about why peeps like an artist and play anyway…

Stones over Doors, Beatles over Stones just not to me, Zeppelin is twilight - they hover over everyone.

Seger too different than Joel. Seger over Springsteen, Petty over Springsteen.

”Eagles over Credence” :thinking:

“Rush = Genesis, in more or less each stage of their career.” I have no idea.

“Nirvana > Pearl Jam > Soundgarden. Nirvana wins simply because they never had time to put our anything truly mediocre.” YES

“I will take early (best) Foo Fighters over most of Soundgarden.” NO

P.S. I do not like Joel’s Still Rock ‘n Roll To Me either.

3 Likes

Very good.

Stevie Nick’s Landslide still makes me weepy and I played my Rumours album so many times I started to receive complaints.

5 Likes

I’d listen to Petty over Springsteen any day (and there are plenty of Petty albums/songs that I don’t like at all)

1 Like

Have you seen/heard Juan Gabriel’s cover of CCR’s Have you ever seen the Rain? Its on a Spanish language tribute album called Quiero Credence with some amazing artists. The official video is on youtube if you want to check it out

2 Likes

That was a great cover.

1 Like

I never gave any thought to Landslide the first four thousand times I heard it on the radio, but it was poignant at the end of this melancholy meditation on mortality.

Yep, I got weepy… until the duck! :rofl::poop::rofl:

I think Stevie Nicks wrote that song when she was breaking up with Lindsey Buckingham.

Pink Floyd :microphone:
That’s the post

2 Likes