Girl & the Goat

Sit outside at Bavel, Bestia, or G&G

I’ve found Osteria Mozza and Majordomo good for conversation.

NOT Pizzeria Mozza!

I don’t remember it being too loud but if you want someplace where a group can have a nice conversation without yelling at each other, I’d suggest getting a private room at a place like Chosun or something similar.

not indoors Domo tho, that gets loud due to all the concrete

outdoors is great tho

1 Like

I haven’t found we’ve had to raise our voices indoors at Majordomo, maybe because they’ve had the patio doors open.

I sat outside post covid and I just remember it being sooooo buggy with mosquitos

I find the room in the back is quieter than the front room as well.

Do they still waive corkage if you share your wine? Haven’t been back in quite a few months.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Mozza was on my possibilities list as well given the easy volume level and reliable food and service. I know they have strong food preferences, if I can’t get a reminder of what they all are, it seems like G&G should have something for everyone.

I wouldn’t take most picky eaters to Girl & the Goat. The dishes pretty much all have unexpected and/or unusual ingredients.

https://girlandthegoat.com/menu-los-angeles

Yes I sat in the small room in the back and it was noticeably quiter than the area in the main room around the bar. But I have a friend who I will say prefers to eat in silence and she thought it was even too loud back there. LOL

1 Like

Share wine? Not sure what that means.

2 Likes

you offer a pour to your neighboring table.

1 Like

That’s a thing at G&G?

Actually happened to me when dining at Bavette’s in Chicago while on business travel. Thought someone was just taking pitty on me. Turns out there was an additional benefit.

Nice policy…adds to a convivial environment, meet new people, etc.

3 Likes

Sharing a glass of a special bottle of wine (I’m talking like old Burgundy) with the Somm often gets corkage waived anywhere. No guarantees though.

The stated policy is:

Guests are welcome to bring in labels that are not present on our wine list. We will charge $35 per 750mL bottle, with a maximum of two 750mL bottles.

I’ve never had a restaurant waive corkage for that.

I’ve had corkage waived because we bought a bottle which at some places is a stated policy.

And because we shared with the staff, but that’s never a stated policy, just a matter of discretion and hospitality.

Didn’t know that was a thing!

That’s all fine and dandy…pour a glass for your neighbor and they waive corkage.

it used to be part of their corkage policy at G&G. They’ve gotten rid of it in 2022. But in 2021 you’d see bottles and glasses flying across tables. Pretty funny.

1 Like