Going to SF on Monday

I got the super burrito.

1 Like

How about Al & Bea’s on 1st St?

Noice, super burritos were my go-to quick food for years. But also sorry, that’s not a common form of burrito around LA! Can I ask what neighborhood you might be looking for a super burrito?

I’m sure others will chime in but after years of looking for a decent super burrito it seems like the best general option was frequently getting a burrito from a carniceria and adding in the extras (cheese, sour cream, guac and beans) but there are a handful of places that do a somewhat similar version.

1 Like

Al & Beas is fantastic but no super burrito option, I’m afraid. You may be able to cobble one together from what they have but overall I think they’re the wrong size and the ratios would be pretty far off of a mission style super burrito.

sort of heretical, but … doesn’t chipotle offer the options necessary for a super burrito?

Hah, yup. To be perfectly honest I’ve eaten more than a little Chipotle in my day but it is to a good super burrito what a non-alcoholic beer is to getting a buzz.

1 Like

House of NanKing? yay or nay?

Went downhill long ago but I haven’t been in years. Peter Fang’s daughter took over at some point. Their second place Fang was better than HoNK when i went but that’s been years too.

House of Nanking: BIG NO, but if you must, my notes:

Matrix: The Chinese noodles restaurant where Sati (played by Priyanka Chopra Jonas) is reading Alice in Wonderland is the House of Nanking at 919 Kearny Street, near the iconic Transamerica Pyramid.

egg rolls; sesame chicken; Remember to ask for the Chinese menu directly after entering the door; cash only.

FANG: BIG NO AS WELL; I got to eat a free lunch there thanks to work, it was awful. It’s meant for out-of-town conventioneers.

There are so many better Chinese restaurants in SF.

HoNK was great when it first opened, but it very quickly degenerated into a bridge-and-tunnel / tourist place.