Grand Ole BBQ y Asado

How is the smoked Turkey Ipse?

I had in late November, BBQ from Georgia…what’s the difference?
As you can see, I am Q challenged.

Fakey!!
You getting rid of BIG BOY Smoker?
Quanto?

You and me both. I’m also Q challenged (and maybe also Q deprived).

Never had their smoked turkey. This was my first visit.

1 Like

$1k

Less than 50% of new.

1 Like

shipping and handling included?

The turkey at Grande Old is EXCELLENT.

1 Like

FOB Mission Hills

Outfrigging standing!

Can’t imagine you, Ipse, challenged on anything…
Glad to see you’re human!
:frog:

The smoked Jidori chicken is superb. Months ago I attended an event they catered and really enjoyed the smoked turkey. Was not so enamored with the brisket that was nicely smoked but just a bit weak on the tenderness and too dry in my book. Kinda spoiled by my occasional visits to Lockhart, Texas, I guess - once you’ve had Smitty’s brisket you gain an entirely new definition of the qualities of brisket. Had the chicken when we visited their new digs and loved it. My wife - from Texas - really liked her tri tip. That said, I’m really happy that SD finally has Q worth standing in line for.

Hey!

Deckape is here!

3 Likes

Anyone been to the just newly opened, Bugsy’s BBQ in the Gaslamp yet? The whole 20’s period costumes and music makes my really wary that it’s just a Gaslamp tourist trap.

The good news is that Pitmaster Jake Greene comes to us via Ben Miller’s BBQ and Green Mesquite both in Austin Texas. Word is that he is doing some great Texas style brisket. We hate braving the Gas Lamp crowds and parking, but for great brisket the wife and I might make the effort if we hear really great things about it.
Bugsy’s BBQ

Sounds good.

BBQ with provenance.

If there’s brisket that’s better than that served at GOB&A, it’s truly hard to imagine. Nope, never been to Smitty’s. (Well, for that matter, never been to Lockhart.) But how could it possibly be more tender, more juicy, more flavorful and more succulent? How much more perfect could the fat and the smoke flavor be? Beg to ask for your “new definition of the qualities of brisket”, as you describe the transcendental experience one has at Smitty’s? Sounds mind-bending.

I’m not going to spend much time explaining the transcendent experience except to say it was a far sight better than the brisket that I had from GOBBQ. That is not to say anything negative, it’s about the sheer quality of Smitty’s brisket. Until you’ve been there you aren’t going to get it. Lockhart is deservedly the epicenter of Texas BBQ. Go, it’s a cheap flight and a great experience and Austin I hear is starting to exceed even Lockhart standards.

Thanks, Fakey!

Their chimichurri is really amazing. Makes the brisket sandwich really sing, works well with the hot links too.

But, really, who am I kidding. If I could have an IV plugged into my cheek with this stuff, I think I would.

Anyone try Abbey’s Real Texas BBQ on Miramar?
Here is a Living Social coupon for $20 for $9.99

www.livingsocial.com/deals/1565314-20-to-spend-on-barbecue-and-southern-comfort-food

Still gotta get to Grand Ole Q for my smoked :japanese_castle: or Turkey and Grilled Veggies!
:tongue:

Yes, I’ve been.

Let’s talk about Grand Old, shall we?