Guerrilla Tacos - Arts District

C u in Kyoto … with the Japanese supply chain at his disposal, his shizzzzz is gonna be off to Mars. Fuk… jealous.

6 Likes

oh wtf

That’s terrible news. :frowning:

I wonder what happened? Was he pushed out by investors or was it just too taxing due to the starts and stops of opening and closing due to COVID.

Sad to hear :frowning:

Business prospects are brighter in Asia than U.S. right now.

6 Likes

:moneybag:… and a new adventure.

1 Like

I guess I better use that gift card soon too.

1 Like

You are a hoot

1 Like
3 Likes

PIOPIKO (ピオピコ) - 烏丸御池/メキシコ料理/ネット予約可 | 食べログ Beautiful space.

Cue the mad rush of who gets the be the first to post a “downhill alert” :laughing:

3 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you can say there will be a downhill alert since Mr Avila hasn’t been doing the cooking at least some of the time
i hope we give them a chance and i’m sure the people they put in charge will do a good job.
I’m hoping for the best for them

4 Likes

I think s/he was being tongue-in-cheek. At least that’s how I responded to it. It was more a criticism of us than the restaurants. :wink:

4 Likes

Chef Avila leaving isn’t completely surprising. He seemed kinda’ done when he posted that open letter complaining about the city officials. Restaurants have gone from transitioning to takeout/delivery, to spending $$$ trying to follow the guidelines of reopening, only to be told to get a patio or go back to takeout. They got screwed on this one.

What is going on?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuNsys3vBli/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

1 Like

I’ve seen the story about this before, but thought it was just private parties. Maybe they’ve arranged for a buyout and are opening it up to other people.

1 Like

Who’s going? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Mouths wide shut.

1 Like

gives a whole new meaning to bang bang

7 Likes