Hatch Chiles - Where To Buy LA Area

Thank you all for your help! I went to Northgate in Buena park, but the Chilis were not labelled as Hatch (just “Anaheim”) so I deferred. Albertsons did not have them. Ralphs did. One of the ralphs had a grouchy produce man who wouldn’t go get a case of them (so I could see the heat level), but the Ralph’s in Cypress had very helpful staff. They brought out a case of Young Guns Hot, and some ones on the display that he thought were medium. I bought 20 pounds. For what it is worth, I have had liked the taste of Young Guns in the past more than I have with Friedas/Melissa’s (who seems to have a near monopoly in the bay area and in many locations). Ralphs charged me $1.49/lb but I think it was supposed to be 99 cents. I noticed too late.

5 Likes

The grouchy produce guy should be outed,especially since Ralph’s seems to take pride in their customer service. Which Ralph’s was this?

I heard a radio ad for Von’s & Albertson’s having a sale on Hatch chiles by the case, buy up to 10? cases and they’ll roast them for you.

1 Like