Hayato - ROW DTLA

Haha I’m not an expert at all, just a rather casual enjoyer. And as such I’ve sadly never had either bottle. Those are definitely very baller sake and not typically found at retail. You can at least Google the Jikon and get a few hits and I think I’ve seen it before on retail. But I can’t really find anything for the Kokuryu. Doesn’t seem like an Ishidaya or Nizaemon at least.

4 Likes

Welcome to FTC @Spicyshlomi!

4 Likes

Been marinating on this power ranking for a month now…

1. Melon
  2. Sakizuke
  3. Kinki
  4. Amadai
  5. Agemono
  6. Gohan
  7. Mizore Nabe
  8. Hokkaido Kegani
  9. Shinogi
  10. Sujiko
  11. Sashimi
  12. Abalone
  13. Chinmi
  14. Kue Shabu Shabu
  15. Owan

Obviously as I was going through these courses I lost track of what I actually liked better than others because everything hits :crazy_face:

16 Likes

Damn I’m sad I missed out on a melon

1 Like

Saw this on IG…caveats from discussion above apply of course

3 Likes

Cuz I have better odds trying a musk melon in Tokyo than ever hoping to score a ressie at Hayato :sweat:

6 Likes
2 Likes

last call for many of the winter items on this menu, the crab will be missed.

sakizuke - grilled and dashi poached santa barbara spiny lobster, lobster head dashi, lobster roe, ginger juice

kue shabu shabu, tosazu gelee, shiso blossoms

stunt crab

gotta love leg day

franco

live zuwaigani grilled over charcoal

agemono - kobashira, satsuma sweet potato

grilled hokkigai, mitsuba

shinogi - sekogani okayu with uchiko and sotoko eggs, kani miso

owan - shiro amadai, somen, yuzu zest

sashimi - tai, tairagai

sake steamed abalone, abalone stock cubes, abalone liver sauce, wasabi

charcoal grilled hokkaido kinki, charcoal roasted onion

seared-steamed-grilled duck breast, simmered turnip, ankake, yuzu zest

mizore nabe - steamed wild shrimp shinjo, shiitake, komatsuna

grilled karasumi

buri and ginko gohan

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

this is rice gouging, and I demand an independent investigation.

drip drip

k&j nashi pear, sake jelly

fin

16 Likes

I’m looking forward to your enhanced bamboo photo for the spring menu! :bowing_woman::bowing_woman::bowing_woman: Excellent pictures as always!

2 Likes

That’s some real rice-flation. Impressive work on polishing off the :rice:.

6 Likes

I love this report.

4 Likes

looks amazing! what is the price for this?

1 Like

350 pp + drinks + parking

2 Likes

Free parking right in front of the restaurant.
They also validate parking for ROW garage structure parking (with Tesla supercharger). This structure is free for anyone within 2hrs.
*I’m highly interested in parking topics naturally lol

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

I went to the Row the other night to eat at Pizzeria Bianco and consider trying to find parking on the street. I’ve never done this before. When you enter the Row if you go straight past the parking lot instead of making a left it takes you on the street. But this street goes left right in front of Kato. Do you need to go past this building then make 2 rights to get to the street where Hayato and Bianco are?

You should park in the structure in this case, it’s free for 2 hours and Bianco will validate the rest of your ticket for you. You will ended up with either free parking or $2 at most imo.

(Most parking spots in front of Bianco are usually packed so save yourself a few minutes driving in there and back out)

I have never spent more than 2 hours eating pizza but I’m not sure about others :sweat_smile:

This is the parking structure, less than 20 steps to Bianco and it’s FREE for 2 hrs. Assignment copied from @Ns1 lol

3 Likes

2 Likes

$350 + drinks + 18% service charge + tax + optional tip + kato pre-bang + uber/gas + babysitter.

4 Likes

Please also consider enjoying something from the well-curated sake list!