Hog Island

bang before liholiho

chelsea gems
Remember to always practice safe shucking.

geoduck crudo - white radish, kumquat, bulls blood micro greens, lemon vinaigrette

previous visit

grilled chipotle bourbon oysters - butter, bourbon, brown sugar, garlic, chipotle
hog_island_oysters_20170805_155743

grilled cheese - cowgirl creamery fromage blanc, vella mezzo secco, cave-aged gruyere, house made pickles

stone fruit salad - peach, nectarine, plum, frisee, candied walnuts, feta, mint vinaigrette

Did a pre-dinner bang here because angler was closed for a private event.

toe (two of each) oyster :yum:

hog island sweetwater (tomales bay, ca)
redwood curtain kumamoto (humboldt bay, ca)
chelsea olympia (eld inlet, wa)
agate pearl (agate passage, wa)
hama hama (hood canal #5, wa)
glacier point (kachemak bay, ak)

chowder - manila clams, aromatic vegetables, bacon, potatoes, cream :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Those all look fantastic! You had that BEFORE the real meal? LOL.

1 Like

Have you ventured out to their farm in Point Reyes? Highly recommended if you have not, helps if you know how to shuck…

1 Like

yep, had a great time. took the tour and learned oysters are hermaphrodites and i fucking suck at shucking.

5 Likes

Did a pre-dinner bang here because angler was closed for a private event.

toe (two of each) oyster :yum: @TheCookie, @Chowseeker1999, @Bookwich

hog island sweetwater (tomales bay, ca)
redwood curtain kumamoto (humboldt bay, ca)
chelsea olympia (eld inlet, wa)
agate pearl (agate passage, wa)
hama hama (hood canal #5, wa)
glacier point (kachemak bay, ak)

chowder - manila clams, aromatic vegetables, bacon, potatoes, cream :drooling_face:

6 Likes

How do our oyster places up here compare with Southern California so far? (Not including Angler’s of course)

Good question, in terms of oysters sf > la and I definitely prefer sf. It seems oysters are more of a thing up north (closer to the farms and bays?) than in la. I think Seattle even tops sf but that’s a different topic.

4 Likes

LA’s only six hours farther from the farms by ground, that’s not going to make much difference.