Holbox by Chichen Itza

Try these, the ultimate suckers imo.

9 Likes

tasting menu is back. review forthcoming.

13 Likes

Fantastic :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

So innnnnnnnnnn!!!

5 Likes

Is there any outdoor seating?

1 Like

Yes. There are tables outdoors in the courtyard right by the entrance.

2 Likes

there’s outdoor seating if you’re ordering alc, but the tasting menu is indoors at the counter:

1 Like

wait - so you can BYOB outdoors? Or order alcohol? I know they don’t allow it in the Mercado.

alc = a la carte

1 Like

I have tried their shrimp sandwich! WOW!

May be my favorite sandwich in LA as of now. As some of you know, I RAVED about the bread from the soup… well I had no clue it is the same bread used in the sandwich and homemade in house! Fantastic. Flaky, light, and a perfect balance to the shrimp they use. I bet the sandwich would work wonders as a fish sandwich as well.

Truly one of the best places in LA for seafood.

This is how you make real food for the PEOPLE.

5 Likes

At one point, I was eating these every week along with the strangely addictive potato salad from Chichen Itza.

5 Likes

I will have to try the potato salad. It’s odd that the picture of the menu makes the sandwich look so plain and ordinary, but it really is a standout.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that potato salad. It reminds me of a more refined version of my grandma’s with the carrots and jalapenos. But peas, carrots, mushy potatoes and pickled jalapenos are a must for Mexican potato salad. It’s like spicy olivier salad. In fact, in Mexico it’s called Ensalada Rusa.

2 Likes

Salade Russe is popular all over the world. Basically it’s like a mayonnaise-based potato salad but with a wider variety of vegetables and maybe more mayonnaise. There are almost as many variations of ensalada rusa as there are cooks who make it.

2 Likes

I love that sandwich and I’m not really a sandwich lover… more of a liker.

1 Like

Wish it was more hyped here and in reviews! So good.

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/search?context=topic&context_id=5380&q=torta&skip_context=false

4 Likes

so many things to try, finally got around to it. now it will be a staple when I go

How long was the meal? Planning to go before the Bjork show Saturday.

about 1.5 hours

3 Likes