Home Cooking 2020

If you’re looking for custom made macaron, try @phanncytreats on IG. Haven’t tried it but it looks amazing

1 Like

Sunday dinner Mediterranean style

9 Likes

Thanks to Whole Foods Prime, pot roast with vegetables is on the menu tonight with garlic bread. I used the InstantPot and cooked 2 roasts…one is no longer enough in my household. The vegetables used to cook the roasts, were then blended with my immersion blender to create a thicker sauce/gravy. I then added the rest of the vegetables to cook for 2 minutes so that I wouldn’t have mushy vegetables. Easy peasy and we have leftovers for the week.

3 Likes

We always buy the roast at WF when it’s on sale. Such a great deal and just like you it makes a few meals for the house. Add some veggies and rice or potatoes. We have been making the 3 packet roasts with some modifications adding a parmesan rind. Trying to get away from using those packets due to sodium levels.

1 Like

Khaash + toppings + time in the fridge = Kholodets

3 Likes

I made lamb skewers with Papa Christo’s seasoning mix and grape seed oil and applewood smoked Calabrian chile chicken.

12 Likes

DAMN!!! All of that looks SOOOOOOOO good!!!

1 Like

Thanks @Gr8pimpin!

1 Like

Jews (like me) and a corned beef sale go together like… well, like something.

Wifey (Not jewish LOL) LOVES when I make her corned beef hash.

Pressure cooked a point cut. Then pressure cooked whole white potatoes in the liquid.
Then chopped 2/3 of the corned beef, shredded then diced the other 1/3, fine diced the potatoes, added a bit of finely minced onion, black pepper and voila…

Then cooked it in a skillet…

Breakfast for dinner!

17 Likes

Don’t know if it’s cooking but here’s some overnight oats

Muesli, goat milk yogurt, mango, pink lady apple, Demerara

10 Likes

How would you describe the texture of the overnight oats? I’ve been making steel cut oats for a while.

Springy chew that benefits from a fair amount of yogurt. Tangier with goats milk and have used a softer vanilla sheep’s milk.

Do you like your steel cut oats with a little chew or creamier?

1 Like

I like them with a little chew. Been making steel cut oats to eat in the AM before work but getting tired of them. I’m going to try your recipe if we’re not under marshall law this weekend.

Yeah steel cut oats can get tedious, especially with their long cook time. I’ve thought about cooking big batches of steel cut and making overnight oats from that.

I actually prefer cooking steel cut oats at night, dress them up more like riz au lait for a sweet treat

1 Like

That sounds crazy good. I’m trying this when I’m eating carbs again

1 Like

I made a batch of overnight oats. Not posting a picture because its not very appetizing.
Oats, greek yogurt, 2% milk, home made granola, apples, mangoes and honey.

Tasted good. I’ll probably alternate between steel cut and overnight oats. I had to add much more milk that I imagined bc the oats just sucked up all the liquid.

1 Like

Whoa yeah I’ve never added milk to the oats, just yogurt. But I add enough yogurt that I’m basically eating yogurt with oats in it.

But sometimes yeah it’s like the oats are a super sponge.

Trying to stay sane and cooking meals from different regions of the world. In the last 5 days these are the things I’ve cooked up so far. No pictures
sausage and peppers
galbi jjim (in-laws dropped off on our doorstep)
chili
carnitas (turned into nachos and quesadillas)
pot of beans
spaghetti and meatballs
halal style NYC cart chicken
buffalo wings
tuna salad
brownies
overnight oats
Next up on the menu are steaks, chocolate peanut butter pie and whatever else I can think up.

4 Likes

Lentils & spinach, pulao, peas & paneer

4 Likes

why don’t you do overnight steel cut oats? I just got some steel cut from Bob’s Red Mill and was aiming to do that (rolled oats were sold out almost everywhere at the time…)