Home Cooking 2022

I’ve always been able to put them wrapped tightly in the fridge over night with TWO cast iron skillets on top. LOL Oh, maybe overkill but dang it’s good.
panbagnat

4 Likes

excuse my dump

10 Likes

Great work. Still my favorite salad

1 Like

Garden is kicking butt right now so made a huge batch of pesto and some gnocchi with a 12 year old food fanatic guest

7 Likes

Also the partulak / purslane was allowed to have freedom to grow in one bed and I went back to an Armenian favorite. Probably my first time marinating it properly

6 Likes

I love purslane! Glad you are taking advantage of moving away from the city.

1 Like

Okay, now tell us what we’re looking at :slight_smile:

Twelve year old food fanatic. Yes , I remember that time well . My mom was always in the hospital. I would be across the street at my best friends house . Large Italian family. I was always welcome.

5 Likes

I knew there was a reason I like you. My mother died when I was nine and my father took over the cooking. I would sit on the kitchen steps and watch him whirl around whipping up various complex dishes (of course my siblings and I would have to clean up after him). By the time I was twelve I was cooking steak on the grill, multiple egg dishes, and fresh picked corn. While not parallel it is similar to your experience. I have done everything I can to assure that ebeth didn’t have to go through what I did, and she is already a better cook than I am. This is a good thing.

6 Likes

Yes , yes , and yes .

1 Like

And to this day I like to surround myself in food . Went birthday shopping. That big bag is a twenty pound halibut frame . Filleted right in front of me for fish stock .

10 Likes

lovely! where did you get that bag of anchovies?

Happy Birthday @Emglow101.

3 Likes

R & R meats . Redding California. Packed by Emballee for Monterey fish company. I’m having more tonight. Last night’s dinner.

8 Likes

I’ll have to tell my Shasta friends about this…if I haven’t already.

6 Likes

What is this luscious looking thing or is it things???

1 Like

I tried this recipe from Carla Music (formerly of BATC). It’s basically carbonara w/o the pork, or alfredo plus eggs, which… why haven’t we ALL been doing this ALL THIS TIME?!? It’s easy, it’s a little lighter than traditional carbonara, and the egg yolks mean the sauce emulsifies with just about zero effort. I had a big ol’ hunk of Parm. Reg. I wanted to use up and boy was this the right call. And since it’s not alfredo OR carbonara, you can do whatever you want to it and the Pasta Mafia can’t touch you. You could even… ADD GARLIC!

Also, Carla is a delight.

4 Likes

Holy crap those gnocchi look amazing. Are they homemade as well? That’s something I’ve been wanting to try but haven’t gotten to just yet.

1 Like

Thanks! Lol I’m trying to nail a small batch rice krispie treat recipe

One that is maximum sugar, maximum butter, maximum marshmallow

I really liked that “socarrat”, “kouign amann sugar layer” that developed on the bottom

4 Likes