Home Cooking 2022

Haha, okay, I didn’t want to bore y’all with all my failed attempts, but since you asked. :wink: I did the noted failed cicerchia. Then overnight soaked dried chickpeas (water, salt, baking soda) intending to simmer, drain, dry & fry, but they got really soft so I fried a cup to experiment. Another fail. Cooked are better for frying. I’ve also used jarred & canned chickpeas which work just as well. Note: rub peas between PT to get as much skin off as possible before frying.

3 Likes

A friend made crunchy snacks by roasting dry chickpeas in hot sand or salt (can’t remember which but I found discussion of both online).

1 Like

Blue Apron has altered their recipes featuring roasted chickpeas by recommending that you first dry them out in the oven and then slather w/ oil + seasoning. I thought it worked pretty well the one time I tried it.

1 Like

I’ll try roasting when the weather gets better. Frying cooked chickpeas in really hot oil takes about 5 minutes.

Basic nanak brand rasmalai kicked your with toasted pistachios and cardamom

Because we miss India Sweets House

4 Likes

10 Likes

are those little lamb ribeyes on a skewer?

:tongue: YUM

just lambchops. i guess maybe it’s the ribeye huh

1 Like

I’ve been cooking more recently again but forgetting to take photos. Made some char sui today, from Costco de boned “country ribs” 3/lb. Char sui at hk bbq places is getting outta control between 15-20 a lb sometimes.

8 Likes

Shoulder. Might be cheaper to get a big piece and break it down yourself.

Lovely! When I finally have time I am going to attempt a charcoal grilled version. Any advice will be appreciated!

1 Like

Like you’re going to grill it over charcoal or use charcoal in a standing oven old school hk style?

1 Like

I will use my smoker. Will post when I do it.

2 Likes

Cool looking forward to it!

1 Like

some steaks, cascatelli… some fun beans with carnitas and perfect taters. small kid’s birthday dinner on wednesday… currently setting up cooking for 40 people tomorrow… halp

7 Likes

I read it wrong at first, and I was like, “That’s the food for his kid’s b-day???” :wink:

Well, at least it’s not going to be blisteringly hot tomorrow… :slight_smile: But, yeah, not sure how much time you’re going to get to enjoy it!

oh you read it right… that was kid’s birthday dinner… tomorrow is his 2nd party lol… i’ll absolutely enjoy the cooking part too. i’m a bit nuts

8 Likes

… What time should I be there?

I can bring cookies!

3 Likes

how many kids? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy birthday to the little dude!

1 Like