Home Cooking 2022

That seems rather elitist…

“If you don’t own a Ferrari there’s no reason to drive.”

“If you’re not wearing Saville Row, just wear sackcloth and be done with it.”

How’s the view from way up there?

Chicken Meatball Pho

What better way to warm the cold rainy cockles.

Chicken Meatballs (chix, cornstarch, panko, lime juice, fish sauce, garlic), Acid League Pho Broth Concentrate, Chicken Broth & Water, Rice Noodles, Shiitake Shrooms, Serrano Peppers, Baby Bell Peppers, Cilantro, Basil, Scallions, Lime, Sprinkle of Red Boat’s Chris Cosentino Umami Spice. Part pho, part fridge dive. :relaxed:

8 Likes

@TheCookie I Googled!! Didn’t know it was a real thing :sweat_smile: best thing to make in this weather.

1 Like

Haha… my DIL posted a vegan meatball pho. She and her mom are really good cooks so I figured it was from scratch and asked her about the recipe… she linked me to Acid League, lol.

Edit: you can find it at Whole Foods.

5 Likes

Very intrigued :thinking: thank you for pointing me to this @TheCookie I’m very curious about how it tastes like hahaha. The color is so strong. I’m reading about it for food science.

1 Like

I think so too. I added more broth & water (edited post to include). As for taste… it’s pretty good in a pinch. They have a ramen concentrate too but I haven’t tried it. On another note, meatballs came out great. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Please teach me your meatball ratio, Sensei :bowing_woman::rabbit2: I love meat ball, shrimps ball, tofu ball, anything in that form :laughing:

1 Like

I’m a bit of an eyeballer but this should be correct.

• 1 lb ground chicken
  • 2 tbls cornstarch
  • 2 tbls panko breadcrumbs
  • 2 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbls lime juice
  • 1 minced garlic glove (2 if they’re small)

The cornstarch makes for a light chicken meatball that only needs to simmer about 5-6 minutes at the most. Note: Chicken meatballs are really sticky on the hands. Use a small ice cream scoop or melon baller and dip in water before scooping.

2 Likes

Thank you @TheCookie :pray: Maybe I can make myself turkey balls or chicken balls soup for Thanksgiving :joy: I don’t like to eat the boring bird meat anymore. I just want green beans casserole with mushrooms :laughing:

2 Likes

Most American turkey is really boring, but heritage-breed birds can be really good.

1 Like

Home cooked spiny lobster ala Newport seafood style.

Parents brought over a couple that their friend grabbed on Wednesday.

10 Likes

Merguez baguette - merguez from surfas was really good. Rockenwagner mini from Ralph’s and piperade.

7 Likes

One of the cool things about working from home is making your own Big Salad for lunch.

Jidori Chicken Salad on Romaine, Red Leaf Lettuce, Radicchio, Apples, Dried Cherries, Candied Walnuts, Sherry Vinaigrette.

6 Likes

That’s impressive.

I’m thinking this is where the thanks/friendsgiving food goes

The pumpkin stuffed with lamb, nuts, fruit and tons of mint gave off a big bowl of life affirming broth that guests couldn’t get over

Should have pulled the smoked salmon out earlier but it’s my first try so…. Glazed it with tangy Armenian molasses

Didn’t get a great pic of the pork wrapped pork

There was too much other stuff too. Clearly we didn’t care to go outside for leaves and persimmons to decorate the table with lol

And we hired a band… and the local wine makers joined us (Clos Des Amis)… what a superb night

11 Likes

I had thanksgiving at the wrong house.

1 Like

It was nice to not cook on the actual Thursday as we had just came back from Grand Canyon but after that it was a lot of work . Then covid l lol

3 Likes

I think most places are making burritos the wrong way. My wife has taught me to mix up all of the ingredients in the pan including cheese before adding to the tortilla. If the circumference of the burrito results in 2 bites per inch or so of the burrito you will have very uneven bites. Today I made a breakfast burrito with bacon, eggs, cheese and a hash brown. I chopped everything up and mixed them up in the pan while off the heat.

That’s all.

4 Likes

Get well soon!

4 Likes