Horses šŸ“ - Hollywood

loved everything about this restaurant, from the old school hollywood vibe to the new restaurant taste. everything I tried was spot on, thanks for the recs @butteredwaffles. already made my next reservation.

sobrassada panino
pork, butter toasted bread, honey? cā€™mon. all the bing butter honey and ham fans will love this. @TheCookie, @rlw

avocado crostino with cantabrian anchovies
Iā€™m a sucker for anchovy toast and this was great. avocado filled in for the butter and I didnā€™t miss it at all.

veal sweetbreads with frisee and capers
piping hot and perfectly crisped. bitterness and acid from them frisee and capers was a nice complement to the glands.

cornish game hen with warm dandelion panzanella
love a spatchcock. an ode to zuni and one of the best hens Iā€™ve had since hatchet hall. the butter and jus sauce was :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

persimmon, salted caramel
peeled fruit in a bowl done right.

Horses
7617 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

19 Likes

Hell yeah. Between that panino, avocado anchovy toast, and persimmon Iā€™ll be there stat!

Is there a solo bar dining situation?

3 Likes

yep, they have a lively bar sitch for dining.

3 Likes

Oooh this looks good.

2 Likes

The rate at which new LA restaurant are opening right now is amazeballsā€¦

9 Likes

Peony: This restaurant exceeded my expectations. I feel it is an ambitious restaurant as they made a good effort in the presentation and the plating, and the waitstaff dressed rather formally. I liked all the dishes tonight and felt everything was right. There is something about the restaurantā€™s style that reminds me of Rossoblu.

Warrior: I was less impressed. I thought the food was all solid and competent. Not impressive, but enjoyable. Iā€™d go back once every two years. There were no standout dishes or notably poor dishes tonight.

2 Likes

ā€œnice complement to the glandsā€

why on earth would you phrase it this way?

I admire the tight polished menu . Everything sounds and looks good. But I wish theyā€™d add a few more affordable selections. Looks like itā€™s difficult to get out of there for under $70/person. I mean, bread and butter is already $8.

What an odd thing to be bothered by.

8 Likes

Even better of a reason :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :money_with_wings: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

The phrasing was fire.

If only I knew what the thymus did.

4 Likes

like (of a horse) mad pituitary glands

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure about this place. They charge money for bread and fruit. Food is served piping hot. Will have to wait and see.

8 Likes

Warrior I had the same thoughts. Everything was good but not a rush back and I am not understanding all the hype.

I liked their pork rillettes and caesar, but was really disappointed with the $27 burger. That price is just stupid unless itā€™s a knockout, and ours was totally average.

That said, the cocktail program, great service, and most importantly, nostalgia for late nights at The Pikey, made it all enjoyable

1 Like

iā€™m still lovinā€™ it

will be trying @butteredwaffles swordfish next time

ezgif.com-gif-maker (42)

kusshi oysters

sobrassada panino

butter

not free bread

avocado crostino with cantabrian anchovies

horses caesar

smoked salmon lavash with cress

(off menu) pasta a la herman
couldnā€™t say no to this

cornish game hen with warm dandelion panzanella

butcherā€™s steak grilled over vine cuttings with celeriac dauphinoise and watercress

no time for dessert, didnā€™t want to miss my shot

15 Likes

The whole cast was fantastic except for Hamilton who lacked a bit of stage presence.

Special shout out to Eliza, Jefferson/Lafayatte, and George Washington.

4 Likes

What is that? and who?

Could it be?

7 Likes

rigatoni, vodka sauce, breadcrumbs and 'nduja.

employee or contractor who liked it the best.

3 Likes