Horses 🐴 - Hollywood

@PorkyBelly and I said we’ll take whatever has never before been scene by the public

Garibaldi to start the party

My three favorite bites

off menu shmoff menu

13 Likes

still in soft opening, pizzas are thin like flat bread, don’t expect any tomato sauce. while they expand the garden menu, pro move is to bang bang the garden and horses, grab some snacks and a pizza outside then go inside and finish with a burger and hen.

favorite bites
beef carpaccio
blueberry panna cotta
deviled eggs
warm dates
squash, basil, bottarga pizzette

chips and herbs

deviled eggs, tonnato and cantabrian anchovy

warm dates with sobrassada

beef carpaccio on lavash with harry’s bar vinaigrette

tallegio, castelvetrano, marjoram

concord grapes, pecorino, rosemary, honey

late summer squash, basil, bottarga

garden pie, scamorza, ham, add burrata

(off menu) herman

blueberry panna cotta

9 Likes

Are they completely separate menus or is there overlap?

they are separate menus with a few overlaps: oysters, salads, prosciutto and melon, and tiramisu.

3 Likes
3 Likes

We need a Ben appearance on Air Jordan

2 Likes

What do [sic] each of you think is the best seat in the house?

… D3 is low-key one of the best bar stools. You get to sit next to Ben and also you can see the kitchen, too. Ben is a regular who comes in every single night.

And Ben sits at D2?

LJ: D1. We save the seat for him every night.

WA: We inherited him from [former tenants] the Pikey. And the Pikey inherited him from Ye Coach & Horses. He lives a block away.

LJ: He’s just the best guy ever.

3 Likes

Can this restaurant charge more for a table of 6 by forcing a prix-fixe menu for $140 pp for food that would amount to $70pp ordering a la carte if it were a tables of 4? That is what this restaurant is doing - seems outrageous. I know it’s popular atm but this does not seem right.

2 Likes

are you sure you’re getting the same portion amount? maybe you get 2 dishes of the same item for the table of 6 rather than one dish for a table for 4?

Where are you seeing that prix-fixe menu?

Would the $140 include drink minimums?

When I hit them up last year it was $65 pp for food and at least $40 pp in drink

1 Like

They emailed it to me because I emailed about a party of 6 reservation.

“ For parties larger than four, we serve a 4 course $140 prix-fixe menu which includes family style snacks and appetizers, individual entreés, and shared desserts. All dishes are chosen from our full dinner menu so we are happy to be flexible with the offerings. Courses can be added and some items may add to the total cost of the prix-fixe price. Drinks, tax, and gratuity are additional.”

2 Likes

Most restaurants require larger parties to order from a prix-fixe menu that typically has a bad QPR but I’ve never seen one requiring it for a mere party of 6…

Time to hit up another restaurant.

1 Like

I don’t mind the Prix-fixe just shouldn’t be double the price of what you would pay a la carte for the same exact food.

Yes, double the amount sounds pretty bad. Agree that choosing another restaurant is a good idea…

That doesn’t really give a clue as to how much food you’d get, though it does seem like you’d do better to go with a smaller group and order a la carte.

Seems impossible to get a reservation anyway.

Welcome to FTC!!!

Possible reasoning for the 2x pricing. A 6-top typically stays twice as long as a 2-top. In the time it takes to serve that 6-top they could’ve turned 3 2-tops twice.
Food for thought.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen plenty of six tops order about the equivalent of a standard four top, not drink much more, and treat the table as theirs for the night.

I wouldn’t go for $140 pp but they’re clearly making it work :joy:

3 Likes

boy am i glad i got my couple of visits early in the game… now it’s a reservation fuckfest that i’m not really willing to deal with

5 Likes