Howlin' Ray's

Well since the cat is out of the bag and people are starting to notice Howling Rays delivery options on Postmates here’s what I know since I’m right next door to him:

• Current delivery radius is 2 miles but they will slowly start to expand it as they ramp back up and get back into the swing of things.
  • Do not try to come pickup or place an order at the location, reason for delivery only right now is they probably don’t want to risk a crowd forming and there have been lots of dumb kids showing up without masks and such.
14 Likes

Thanks for the update, @JLee. It’ll be interesting to see how they’ll handle increased delivery orders once more people find out, even with slow radius expansion. I also definitely saw a bunch kids just walking around with wings, obviously without masks.

1 Like

Make sure to enjoy it while it’s still piping hot :spaghetti::hotsprings:

2 Likes

it was good, filled with a lot of meat, but probably my least favorite. mainly because it didn’t have that delicious red sauce. the ravioli also comes with pesto too.

3 Likes

Looks like they’ve expanded their delivery radius to around ktown now.

3 Likes

Oh cool! We share a zip code with part of Ktown! :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for sharing this. Picked some up today. Had them deliver to a random address nearby lol. It’s interesting… if you put a closer address, it charges $0.99 delivery. If you go further, it might charge $5.99. If you put the Westside, it stops offering delivery. Regardless of what you put, Postmates adds in their overpriced ~18% service fee.

I’d do this again though. Chicken Sando and wings were perfect, and not having to wait 2+ hours is pretty nice.

3 Likes

I just saw they’re offering $100 (Code: SAVE100) in free delivery fees for new customers and most Postmate restaurants don’t charge a service fee. Also, I’m not sure if this is still the case for non-members but they used to give free-delivery for orders of $20+. If you become an Unlimited Member you don’t pay delivery or the 18% fee.

2 Likes

Yup alot of people I noticed have been doing that. If you are on the Westside, don’t worry something is in the works but that’s all I’ll say.

5 Likes

Looks like you can only get immediate delivery. Any experience as to how hard it is to get during lunch or closer to dinner?

Looks like they’re delivering all the way to la brea now @TheCookie, @Chowseeker1999

4 Likes

It’s about about a 30-60 min wait right now depending on where you’re having it delivered.

2 Likes

Bingo!

1 Like

I placed an order at 11AM today and by 11:45 it had arrived. I live in Hollywood near La Brea. I guess even global pandemics can have silver livings.

6 Likes

OMG, combined delivery for PRD and Howlin’ Ray’s under consideration??? :smiley: I would TOTALLY do that.

4 Likes

Just placed order. It says 40-50 min. We’ll see how this goes.

40 min exactly to Los Feliz

Ordered sando mild and wings country.

As for the sandwich, the chicken wasn’t the problem. It still had “some” crisp, but the bottom bun got the worse end of the deal as it was a soggy mess. Could barely hold the sandwich w/o the bun falling apart. Dont’ even care…was still an amazing sandwich.

The wings weren’t as crispy as my previous times but still delicious and overall happy at how easy it was to get me some Howlin Rays.

8 Likes

Sherman Oaks = Siberia.

:mask:

1 Like

at least you have the ShinWagon bang.

4 Likes

Ok, Greater Suburban Siberia.

2 Likes