Howlin' Ray's

Yup not bad pre-pandemic a trip to Howlin Rays would cost you 3-5 hours of your day

3 Likes

We ordered them without slaw and sprung for a side of slaw to assemble at home. I’m surprised they’re not automatically putting it on the side.

5 Likes

Slaw on the side is certainly the sensible choice. Howlin’ Ray’s shouldn’t have to be prompted.

1 Like

i don’t think it was the slaw that gave the sandwich a soggy bottom since the slaw is between the breast and the top bun. the only thing on the bottom bun is the comeback sauce. maybe ask for sauce on the side too.

4 Likes

word’s out

1 Like

Thanks for the tips everyone. Postmates delivered to a loading dock in Glendale after a marathon reorg of our wine lockers. We ordered everything and wings in every spice level. So glad we finally got to try.

Is it blasphemy to say the breast in the sando was a bit dry and just made me crave the Pork Chop Sando at Pearl River Deli?

6 Likes

just breathing makes me crave the sando from PRD

5 Likes

Damn I’ve had the sando many times (even before Chinatown when their truck was parked by my fav movie theatre in LA, Vista) it was never dry I always thought it was the best fried chicken breast I ever had

3 Likes

I mean to be fair we’re comparing 45 minute delivery HR vs a fresh pork chop bun.

3 Likes

Is this the Wine Vault where they delivered? Asking for a friend…

Yes! Just make sure LOADING DOCK is in the delivery notes. You might have to text the driver as well.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Must be a one off.

Not at all. My to-go sando was nowhere near as good as their pre-COVID19 offerings but it is what it is for now!

2 Likes

That likely did not make a difference. I didn’t have my Pork Chop Sando until more than an hour after pick up AND rewarmed the chop in the oven with the buns separated from the chops at 375F. It was frickin’ amazing.

PostMates shows my delivery left HR at 5:44pm and arrived to me at 5:57pm. We ate the sando two minutes after sanitizing everything. Wouldn’t have even attempted to rewarm the breast as it was already very dry. Must have been a one off. The wings, on the other hand, were very, very moist even after rewarming.

3 Likes

Ordered some paper bags and they came with chicken…

13 Likes

Um what? Delivery to the OC?

this is PHASE TWO. Our rollout will continue with extended POSTMATES availability throughout all of LA and beyond. PHASE TWO availability will tentatively include: PASADENA, WEHO & SFV. all dates, details etc will be announced as the story develops…

PS. PHASE THREE will potentially expand to reach SOUTH LA, BEACH CITIES & OC but pls plssssss be patient with us while we put all of this into place, just know we are working hard to get to your neighborhood ASAP.

8 Likes

Ghost kitchens?

4 Likes

I watch my gluten consumption, but if they add delivery to the SFV, I just might have to give that chicken sandwich a try. I LOVE collard greens, so that is a big incentive.

4 Likes

Possibly. My friend who lives in the Pasadena area said that there might be an outpost opening at Arroyo Parkway and Fillmore. I assume giving such a specific intersection means that there is some sort of build-out occurring (but I didn’t ask)?

And we have a ghost kitchen (I think) set up in West LA at “The Colony.”

2 Likes

Got some wings today, mild and medium. Chicken was crisp, juicy, and well seasoned. Some minor quibbles - batter was falling off a couple of the wings and the medium didn’t seem as spicy as it was in the old days. The collard greens could’ve been more tender, as well.

But, again, minor stuff. Still some of the best fried chicken there is and will need to resist ordering too often.

3 Likes