"Instant" noodles that you have to boil for four minutes: threat or menace

YMMV but cooking noodles for 3 minutes then draining isn’t that much work. I don’t even drain in a colander anymore. I just use my chopsticks to pluck them outta the water. I’ve made Momofuku noodles while answering questions on a Zoom call. No video of course.

4 Likes

eat it out of the small pot you cooked it in, just like they do in the K-dramas.

4 Likes

If I’m going to cook, I’m going to fucking cook, because I enjoy it. If I’m going to take the time to boil water and cook and drain pasta, I might as well make fried rice or an omelette or a sandwich or whatever I’m in the mood for.

Then why did you bother wasting all that time buying the MJD noodles? Some people who have calls during the day don’t have time to make a bolognese or souffle for lunch so we stick with these instant noodles.

2 Likes

Because I thought they were instant and due to the David Chang connection would be way better than the usual disgusting stuff I’ve encountered for free at various jobs.

Putting water in a pot and putting it on the stove, my brain’s already switched from work mode to cooking mode and I don’t want to switch back.

You really should learn to multitask at least a little bit…

3 Likes

It’s worked out fine for me so far.

Might want to get some therapy for that.

1 Like

A guy walks into a psychiatrist’s office and says, hey doc, my brother’s crazy! He thinks he’s a chicken. Then the doc says, why don’t you turn him in? Then the guy says, I would but I need the eggs.

For eggs substitute a Silicon Valley salary.

Much ado about nothing…

But I’ve added Momofuku noodles to my shopping list.

1 Like

So you never come home late-ish and say to yourself “good thing I have this pesto/marinara/mushroom sauce in the fridge, so I can boil up some pasta and make a quick-ish meal”?

2 Likes

Now I don’t have those. But some butter, cheese will work.

In a pinch, soy sauce and furikake. I’m not proud!

1 Like

And little sesame oil :slight_smile:

You put soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger on it, and I’d eat a stick.

2 Likes

Only if it’s hot sesame oil.

1 Like

Oh, you fancy.

2 Likes

@moonboy403 has some strong opinions about them…

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Favorite instant noodles?

When I come home late, it’s because I went out to dinner!